paint not matching

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLRaptor

Reaction score
I recently bought a new magnetic grey ford raptor. As I'm looking around the exterior at home I noticed something I didn't pick up before. Am I blind or am I seeing two different colors here??

20200905_101300.jpg

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That trim piece looks like lead foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My thoughts exactly.

It’s not uncommon for brand new vehicles to get a bumper repainted when you see how tightly squeezed they are on some dealer lots, it’s almost inevitable that a lot boy, or salesman will bump one into another.

I got my Raptor home at night, and the following day (thanks to day light) noticed a mark on my front bumper. Dealer had no problem with sending it to their in house body shop while giving me a loaner.

OP, definitely point this out to the dealer and have them or a body shop of your choice paint the proper matching color.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Could be a factory mistake seen pics of 2 different headlights on same truck , raptor seats in a reg f150 , reg F150 engine cover on a raptor.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, I'm assuming those plastic pieces are all pre-painted before install at the factory.
Yes, somebody missed the quality control speech before starting work that day on the assembly line.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it the whole front grill trim in Leadfoot Gray? Seems like an odd mistake, as those parts must be color matched way before they are put on the truck going down the line. Maybe @911 Crazy has your Magnetic trim on his Leadfoot. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc