Ordered w/ Spray-in Bedliner?

Ordered Truck w/ Spray-In Bedliner or Without Spray-In Bedliner

• Ordered Truck w/ Spray-In Bedliner

Votes: 44 67.7%
  • Ordered Truck without Spray-In Bedliner

Votes: 21 32.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford factory spray in vs Line-x

Remember Fords warranty is 3 years, Line-x is lifetime.

Fords sucks.

The adhesion difference is night and day. The Ford liner comes off in huge chunks because they dont scuff up the bed before they spray like Line-X does. Line-x wont come off in giant sheets.

Last edited:

flea_sly

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fords sucks.

The adhesion difference is night and day. The Ford liner comes off in huge chunks because they dont scuff up the bed before they spray like Line-X does. Line-x wont come off in giant sheets.

Good video Zane! I will definitely will be going with Line-X after watching that video.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered Factory Spray in, Holds up just fine. I'm not doing construction or landscaping with the raptor to really care enough for "thicker liner"..

We have a few super duty's that have the factory liner at work and have held up just fine 6-7 years later..

Video of how ford did it in 2012.

Last edited:

uppitycitizen

Reaction score

Fords sucks.

Just playing devil's advocate but wouldn't you want it to come off in big sheets if you want the flexibility of taking it out some day? I mean that way it would be less of a pain in the ass to remove. How does the Linex come out? In little pieces?

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just playing devil's advocate but wouldn't you want it to come off in big sheets if you want the flexibility of taking it out some day? I mean that way it would be less of a pain in the ass to remove. How does the Linex come out? In little pieces?

If you watched the video you would see how hard the line-x was to remove compared to the Ford factory spray in. The Line-x comes out in small chunks and requires an air chisel to remove.

There really isnt any reasons to remove a spray in liner once its installed, its seen as a permanent mod.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I definitely wouldn't want something that's permanent like that. I'd prefer factory, easy to rip out later.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I definitely wouldn't want something that's permanent like that. I'd prefer factory, easy to rip out later.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Until you put something heavy in it like a pallet with a nail sticking out of the bottom and have it drag across your bed floor and completely ruin the liner instead of skipping across it like line-x where its easily repairable.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Until you put something heavy in it like a pallet with a nail sticking out of the bottom and have it drag across your bed floor and completely ruin the liner instead of skipping across it like line-x where its easily repairable.

Exactly. You either want a spray in bedliner or not. If you think you'll want to take it out for some really strange reason then get a plastic one that's designed to do that.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im sure factory is fine, but since line-x is same cost, I figured Id go with line-x and lifetime warranty