Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Whipple

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • AFe Scorcher

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is also hyper fast cars tune, however thats overpriced.

I saw met/5star/gearhead/whipple have been tried
I might try livernois and give review, unless someone already did

I have the livernois. Just got it and only have a few miles since. Overall very happy with the gains but livernois doesn’t have trans tuning yet so wouldn’t be apples to apples. Anyway not have any;thing to compare to so I couldn’t say better or worse. I do have two other ecoboost platforms tuned by them so no stranger to tuning and the gains associaited with tuning. So far very pleased, very noticeable increase in torque and very smooth delivery.

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SSI does make HUGE power numbers with the ecoboost... much more than MPT.

They have also blown up alot of motors. Its been documented many times that the owner is a complete ass hole. Cursing out his customers, not returning emails, ignoring calls/text, etc...

Theres a reason they have changed names so many times.

Wayne

BIGRPOWR

Reaction score
i'm on my second version of gearhead tuning , just switched to 91 octane , the truck has to be well over 50hp gained. i will dyno it stock and tuned just to verify , then do mods as i go and dyno each time. it's WAY funner to drive now . it was a **** stock .

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elaborate,

Lars doesn’t make octane specific tunes. He makes a tune that will adapt to whatever you fill up with.

i'm on my second version of gearhead tuning , just switched to 91 octane , the truck has to be well over 50hp gained. i will dyno it stock and tuned just to verify , then do mods as i go and dyno each time. it's WAY funner to drive now . it was a **** stock .

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a general rule does a tune raise engine and air temperature? Just wondering. Fans come on at 190 to 200. So it would seem to make sense to keep temp under 200. Fans should not be normally on by my way of thinking.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done what I have never done, and waited...got my 17 in Feb of 17...was told to wait a year to have tunes sorted out...so now looking into this again.

I tow from time to time...and my concern is the MPT Tunes are cranked up too high for towing...unless you get multiple tunes as part of the package where you can upload a TOW tune when needed...also, don't want super hard/slammed shifts like some tunes did on the Gen I Raptors...want smooth, but MORE power...

So who has all that? Thanks all.

So No one offers a package like this? It's just (1) Tune and if you Love, Like or Hate it that's it??

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how is it that there is pages and pages of tune reviews on this site and not a SINGLE data log? wheres everyones LTFT, STFT, afr, knock correction etc etc?! I feel like I went back in time to an early 2000's tuning platform.