Oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragonass23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an oil spot in my drive. The plate behind the front skid plate is wet. Where should I start to look for said oil leak?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be leftover oil spill from a change finally making its way off the skidplate.
No matter how much i clean around the area i still get a few drips and it makes me check my oil constantly after a change. No leaks but it makes me paranoid.

OP
OP
D

dragonass23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures. Any help would greatly be appreciated!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4932.jpeg
    IMG_4932.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4931.jpeg
    IMG_4931.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 32

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Three bolts are wet. Just the rear driver side corner. Is that a common area for the failure?
very common failure point. If it were me I would replace the plastic lower oil pan and aluminum upper oil pan with the one piece all aluminum oil pan from a 2019+

you can source everything from the dealer or RMB sells a complete kit.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeap ,well known issue, your truck is a 17's or early 18's , the best thing to do is to follow @OLD RAPTOR guy advice, bcs I think whith this composite oil pan, you can also have problem whith the drain plug...

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To clarify, you have the option to repair it with the existing design by replacing the composite pan (the can’t be reused) and following the very specific sealing instructions which have proven to be successful. However, if it were my choice, I would convert to the 1-piece aluminum pan.

OP
OP
D

dragonass23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the advice. Looks like the support brace needs to be removed and oil pan dropped straight down. Anyone have a write up on how to do this job?