Oil Consumption

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking to order a 2019 after driving my buddies new 2018. I drove it a second time about 30 days ago. I got on it at about 30 miles an hour and it bogged down. Basically like a limp mode. I believe it said check engine light, possibly oil I can’t remember. I told my buddy about it and he brought it to the dealership. He told me this evening they have had his truck for three weeks and something about a bad valve. He tells me now they are replacing the whole engine. This is a dealer in Austin Texas . I will get more detailed information on this and post. I want to know exactly what the problem is because I have read similar things on this forum. I have never owned a raptor but plan on ordering a 2019 as soon as order banks open . I do know he has 11,000 miles on it, and said that earlier that afternoon the check engine light came on.

Last edited:

Gargamel

Banned
Reaction score
So why would you want to buy a raptor with the ecoboost if you are already familiar with problems?

Gargamel

Banned
Reaction score
You sound a lot like Sasquatch. Is that you? Ive noticed your trolling on a few threads now. Just can’t stay away can ya

No.
Seriously, from the poster's own experiences, plus now having said they found more instances of the same thing..... a smart steward of their finances would not go down the path of owning one.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You sound a lot like Sasquatch. Is that you? Ive noticed your trolling on a few threads now. Just can’t stay away can ya

It's definitely Sasquatch, (or should I say MGD?). It's so obvious by the way he writes.

Dude has serious mental issues.

Hey "Gargamel",. When is that new engine upgrade coming? Will it need a weep hole too?

Lol.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It's definitely Sasquatch, (or should I say MGD?). It's so obvious by the way he writes.

Hey "Gargamel",. When is that new engine upgrade coming? Will it need a weep hole too?

Lol.

Sadly for it, they can no longer respond.
Gargamelispunkedbysmurfslayer.jpeg

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not quite sure what this Sasquatch thing is about. I have had many automobiles and some have had a lot of problems some have had a view. I have never owned a Ford. Growing up I had GMC trucks. Over the years I’ve had BMWs, Mercedes and Toyotas. The BMWs and Mercedes were the most problematic cars I have ever owned. I’m sure other people will disagree and have had a pleasurable experience. Over the last 3 to 5 years I have thought that the Ford trucks were among some of the best looking vehicles on the road.(mainly the Raptor) Every vehicle will have some problems. In reading through the posts on this forum I would say most people are generally happy with the raptor. My only problem with the Raptor is that I believed it would ride to rough. After driving my friends raptor my opinion changed. It was much smoother then I would have imagined and must say,just fun to drive. The seats and driving position actually blew me away. I haven’t been deterred from the vehicle as of yet. I plan to still order when the 19 banks open . As I’ve said before, I will get more information on the exact problem with my friends 18. I will see him this evening and hopefully post later tonight.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not quite sure what this Sasquatch thing is about. I have had many automobiles and some have had a lot of problems some have had a view. I have never owned a Ford. Growing up I had GMC trucks. Over the years I’ve had BMWs, Mercedes and Toyotas. The BMWs and Mercedes were the most problematic cars I have ever owned. I’m sure other people will disagree and have had a pleasurable experience. Over the last 3 to 5 years I have thought that the Ford trucks were among some of the best looking vehicles on the road.(mainly the Raptor) Every vehicle will have some problems. In reading through the posts on this forum I would say most people are generally happy with the raptor. My only problem with the Raptor is that I believed it would ride to rough. After driving my friends raptor my opinion changed. It was much smoother then I would have imagined and must say,just fun to drive. The seats and driving position actually blew me away. I haven’t been deterred from the vehicle as of yet. I plan to still order when the 19 banks open . As I’ve said before, I will get more information on the exact problem with my friends 18. I will see him this evening and hopefully post later tonight.

Way to keep everything in perspective. There have been a handful of transmission and engine replacements reported on this website. Given that there are several hundred, if not a thousand G2 owners browsing this site, these failures are in the low single digits and the vast majority of Raptor owners don't have major problems. But it does suck for those that do and the wait time for parts seems unreasonably long.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Lol.

Glad the mods got on him while he was still in the "pretending to be helpful" phase of his new user account. In about a week or two he would have been in full troll mode.