Oil catch can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warpath

Reaction score
For those that would like to use the FP Oil separator for a Gen 2 on a Gen 3; the system will work and install in the same general area with minor modifications.

Using the idea from “Redsmoke’s” post I did my own test trial an figured a way to install it. Take a look at the pictures below and let me know if you have questions.
Looks good! I was afraid of being too close to the EGR with it getting hot. I added a UPR check valve in mine today.

20230708_171211.jpg

Warpath

Reaction score
Do you mind showing how you mounted the catch can?
This is really awesome and I’d like to do the same. What exactly did you have to fab? If you had to make a custom bracket any chance you would consider making a few duplicates for others to purchase?

Yup, sorry it's taken a minute.

Here's what i did.

There's a hole in the mounting foot of the fuse panel on the passenger side. I used a 1/4" x 20 insert nut in the hole so i could use a 1/4" x 20 cap screw for mounting the bracket. The only "fabrication" I did was bend one side of the mounting bracket flat.

20230711_124054.jpg

20230711_124202.jpg

20230711_124117.jpg

20230615_181517 (1).jpg

20230615_181521 (1).jpg

Last edited:

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had an IAG AOS on my truck since March. The fit and finish are very nice. It was not cheap, but I believe it was worth it. I would recommend using and AOS over a catch can. It is nice not worrying about dumping the oil out. I am not sure if they are available for purchase.

Lunnzz19

Reaction score
I have had an IAG AOS on my truck since March. The fit and finish are very nice. It was not cheap, but I believe it was worth it. I would recommend using and AOS over a catch can. It is nice not worrying about dumping the oil out. I am not sure if they are available for purchase.
I am looking on their site now, which AOS did you buy it looks like they don't sell one specifically for the Raptor?

Last edited:

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They’re still in development as far as I know but they circulated some prototypes.
Hopefully they implement the final product better than Mishimoto did theirs. I have their catch can on my ST and liked the fit/finish of it so bought their dual can version for the Raptor and it’s been nothing but a failure even with Mishimoto trying to offer tech support. Not sure how you could screw up a mounting bracket such that you can’t mount the second catch can But they found a way to do it.

IMG_1191.jpeg

They blame changes in the manufacturing between the 2020-2021 models and my 2022. :rolleyes:

Raptured22

Reaction score
I installed an old JLT 3.0 that I pulled off of my 2014 Fx4 5.0l. Works great! You just have to drill an extra hole on the battery box where you mount the bracket. For those waiting for a Gen3 specific, I believe most of the previous F-150 catch cans will work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iAmNotorious