Oil catch can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the FP oil air separator kit for the 3.5L EcoBoost Pt# M-6766-35T. This is for the Gen 2 (17-20). I knew this going in, and that there was a chance it would not fit our Gen 3's. The instructions show that it mounts on the front of the right valve cover.

View attachment 412227

However, the 3rd gens have the EGR mounted in this spot.

View attachment 412228

But since i was committed to using it and can break rocks with my hard head, I decided to go ahead and find a way to mount this. With some minor fabrication i found a spot between the battery and the fuse box to mount it on the right side. I used the fittings that came with the kit and hosed clamped them with 3/4" hose to make the new length pipes i needed for the kit.

View attachment 412229

View attachment 412230

And all buttoned up.

View attachment 412231

TLDR: Does it fit? No. Can it? Yes. Do I want to spend the money on this CC and have to do this? I dunno.​
I started to order that one and noticed the egr thing in the way although I did not realize that what it was until now.
Maybe FP will make one. I have a JLT from older Hellcat but havent bothered getting a different bracket.

Warpath

Reaction score
I started to order that one and noticed the egr thing in the way although I did not realize that what it was until now.
Maybe FP will make one. I have a JLT from older Hellcat but havent bothered getting a different bracket.

I'd imagine they will. JLT makes quality products.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So removed my cheap catch can and install the JLT one. The hose sits right against the bolt the secures the passenger side bolt for the engine cover. Ya'll have this issue? Just make it fit? Route the hose differently that I did? Even in videos it shows the hose laying right up on it. I mean I'm sure I can force it out the way.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the FP oil air separator kit for the 3.5L EcoBoost Pt# M-6766-35T. This is for the Gen 2 (17-20). I knew this going in, and that there was a chance it would not fit our Gen 3's. The instructions show that it mounts on the front of the right valve cover.

View attachment 412227

View attachment 412228

But since i was committed to using it and can break rocks with my hard head, I decided to go ahead and find a way to mount this. With some minor fabrication i found a spot between the battery and the fuse box to mount it on the right side. I used the fittings that came with the kit and hosed clamped them with 3/4" hose to make the new lines the length i needed for the kit.

View attachment 412229

View attachment 412230

Edit:
Replaced the 3/4" heater hose with 5/8" high temp reinforced silicone hose.

View attachment 413200

TLDR: Does it fit? No. Can it? Yes.​
dang my bad, i guess i never noticed that either when i found those pics. Figured everything would be the same.

redsmoke

Reaction score

View attachment 412227

View attachment 412228

But since i was committed to using it and can break rocks with my hard head, I decided to go ahead and find a way to mount this. With some minor fabrication i found a spot between the battery and the fuse box to mount it on the right side. I used the fittings that came with the kit and hosed clamped them with 3/4" hose to make the new lines the length i needed for the kit.

View attachment 412229

View attachment 412230

Edit:
Replaced the 3/4" heater hose with 5/8" high temp reinforced silicone hose.

View attachment 413200

TLDR: Does it fit? No. Can it? Yes.​

This is really awesome and I’d like to do the same. What exactly did you have to fab? If you had to make a custom bracket any chance you would consider making a few duplicates for others to purchase?

Reaction score
For those that would like to use the FP Oil separator for a Gen 2 on a Gen 3; the system will work and install in the same general area with minor modifications.

Using the idea from “Redsmoke’s” post I did my own test trial an figured a way to install it. Take a look at the pictures below and let me know if you have questions.

Attachments

• IMG_1209.jpeg
    IMG_1209.jpeg
    267.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1208.jpeg
    IMG_1208.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1212.jpeg
    IMG_1212.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1210.jpeg
    IMG_1210.jpeg