GEN 2 OEM beadlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone running with the true beadlock ring? Can you post pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ran them on my '17 and also on my '19. Ford did a great job designing them as they taper-lock onto the wheel and bead. I've run them down to 6psi at the dunes. Usually run at 10-12 with no worry about rolling a bead. Certainly not for everyone, but they do work great.
-Paul

Swarfworks beadlock.jpg
Swarfworks beadlock2.png
Swarfworks beadlock3.png.jpg

OP
OP
ogdobber

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score

the1russ

Reaction score
I've been running them for 5 years on a 2014, no problems. An issue for some people will be getting a tire shop to work on them. My local Discount Tire said "we won't touch a multi-part rim", that even included balancing after I mounted them. Not the end of the world since I can mount/dismount the tires myself since they are bead locks. My local Big-O Tire will go as far as dismounting and mounting one side of the tire but I have to torque the bead lock side myself. Torquing can be a bother since each of the 24 bolts has to be torqued 3 times in a set pattern. Also, the bead lock bolt torque should be checked every few thousand miles - I usually do that when rotating the tires.

abearsfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran them on my '17 and also on my '19. Ford did a great job designing them as they taper-lock onto the wheel and bead. I've run them down to 6psi at the dunes. Usually run at 10-12 with no worry about rolling a bead. Certainly not for everyone, but they do work great.
-Paul

View attachment 129486
View attachment 129485
View attachment 129484

where did yo get the 19 rings, are they same as the earlier version...I haven't seen them listed as 19 as of yet on ford's site.

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where did yo get the 19 rings, are they same as the earlier version...I haven't seen them listed as 19 as of yet on ford's site.

Snagged the first set that were available (March of '19) which ironically was off of eBay. They are different than the 17-18 versions. The part number for the '19-20 is M-1021-RA1

19 beadlock ring.jpg

ksgries

Reaction score
I've been running them for 5 years on a 2014, no problems. An issue for some people will be getting a tire shop to work on them. My local Discount Tire said "we won't touch a multi-part rim", that even included balancing after I mounted them. Not the end of the world since I can mount/dismount the tires myself since they are bead locks. My local Big-O Tire will go as far as dismounting and mounting one side of the tire but I have to torque the bead lock side myself. Torquing can be a bother since each of the 24 bolts has to be torqued 3 times in a set pattern. Also, the bead lock bolt torque should be checked every few thousand miles - I usually do that when rotating the tires.

All that extra work is stopping me from using the real rings on my 19. I know I’d forget to torque it and end up missing a few bolts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk