No Snakes....Just Arches...Moab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that’s what you remember most about a trip to Moab?? You really need to get a camera and start EXPLORING…:banana-mario::driver:

Don’t Bust the Crust not only applies to the Desert but our entire Country. North, South, East, West…
Busting the crust on the Rubicon Trail applies equally there as it does on the Trails, both 4x4 and 4xFoot in Moab, Lake Mead, Zion, Glacier etc.
If you Practice Leave No Trace and Tread Lightly Principles our impact can/will be minimized. I will argue that a footprint does less damage than a Moron leaving their MFing trash ;) or an Idiot afraid to go over a rock so they make “bypass” trail damaging the surrounding area resulting in Trail Closure by the local/ Fed government.
We don’t need to go “All Edward Abbey” and restrict the movement of every public resource user, thinking we can FIX STUPIDITY by doing so. The Military Mentality of punish the Masses for the sins of the few doesn’t work for me. Find the offenders and offer a “Blanket Party” works wonders for attitude adjustment ;)
Bottom line…. 50 years from now, no one will know/care I existed :head3::patriot:

Crust busting wasn’t really m
If that’s what you remember most about a trip to Moab?? You really need to get a camera and start EXPLORING…:banana-mario::driver:

Don’t Bust the Crust not only applies to the Desert but our entire Country. North, South, East, West…
Busting the crust on the Rubicon Trail applies equally there as it does on the Trails, both 4x4 and 4xFoot in Moab, Lake Mead, Zion, Glacier etc.
If you Practice Leave No Trace and Tread Lightly Principles our impact can/will be minimized. I will argue that a footprint does less damage than a Moron leaving their MFing trash ;) or an Idiot afraid to go over a rock so they make “bypass” trail damaging the surrounding area resulting in Trail Closure by the local/ Fed government.
We don’t need to go “All Edward Abbey” and restrict the movement of every public resource user, thinking we can FIX STUPIDITY by doing so. The Military Mentality of punish the Masses for the sins of the few doesn’t work for me. Find the offenders and offer a “Blanket Party” works wonders for attitude adjustment ;)
Bottom line…. 50 years from now, no one will know/care I existed :head3::patriot:

Crust busting wasn’t really my biggest memory of Moab but every time I see pictures of the Arch’s it triggers my initial emotion to the sign. I was raised to pack out what I packed in so it is second nature to me and I usually come out with trash I didn’t create. But I hate this don’t use it so someone who hasn’t even been born yet can have a chance to “F” it up policy. And more often than not the rule makers don’t follow their own rules.