GEN 1 New water leak in door after seat bolt recall.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the wrap blocking the drain holes on the lower portion of the doors? If so, it may cause water to fill up the doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

GABA

Reaction score
Is the wrap blocking the drain holes on the lower portion of the doors? If so, it may cause water to fill up the doors.

Good thought. It's at the shop now. I'll check when I get it back.

simon300x

Reaction score
Looking at the recall, it looks like the the only bolts that are replaced are the anchor bolts for the front seats, the four across the front,I don’t see where any bolts in the door that are replaced. It shouldn’t have anything to do with a water leak.

OP
OP
G

GABA

Reaction score
Looking at the recall, it looks like the the only bolts that are replaced are the anchor bolts for the front seats, the four across the front,I don’t see where any bolts in the door that are replaced. It shouldn’t have anything to do with a water leak.

I agree that this should have been the case. I'm not sure if they assumed the seatbelt anchors needed to come off as well by mistake. When I got the truck back that panel had obviously been removed and not replaced correctly. The seal above the door was also hanging partially off and looked like it had been messed with. The indentation marks in the seals from where the doors close no longer line up.

They have the truck again and are fixing the seals and plastic panel. I hope that fixes the leak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

I agree that this should have been the case. I'm not sure if they assumed the seatbelt anchors needed to come off as well by mistake. When I got the truck back that panel had obviously been removed and not replaced correctly. The seal above the door was also hanging partially off and looked like it had been messed with. The indentation marks in the seals from where the doors close no longer line up.

They have the truck again and are fixing the seals and plastic panel. I hope that fixes the leak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2377ef9c33cb2afb00da91e0668d62ee.jpg

Here's the plastic that had obviously been removed.

simon300x

Reaction score
I have worked for ford dealers since ‘90 so I have seen a lot of crazy stuff. If the tech read the recall there would be no reason at all for removing the panel on the door, the recall repair for the F150 is the front 4 seat bolts on the front seats only. The E series, escape, and a couple of Lincoln suv’s Are included in recall with different repair procedures so it’s likely the tech did not follow the correct procedure. I hate that u had this experience with a ford dealer. Talk to the service manager and hopefully you get it handled.

OP
OP
G

GABA

Reaction score
Truck is home where it belongs. They replaced 2 seals and fixed the plastic housing. Hope it's water tight. No rain in the forecast for a while. I'll update later.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the build date on yours?

Bought mine new as well, build 5/14. I got the recall letter and had it done. My local Ford *******'s knew of it as well when I took it in for oil change. So it must be kinda big, cause they look at me like I have two heads when I ask about "the fuse problem". I get what? Never heard of it!