New Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good ,I'm wondering why the boost is so low ? after installing monoblade throttle body and headers how is idling rpm ?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MetroNYC has AR headers on his Whippled Raptor with a 3.500 pulley I think he's at 8 psi.
Mike.S seems to have a better flowing cat-back, also this accounts for the louder sound.
I've been in MetroNYC truck it's not overly loud for headers, certainly not like SW system. LOL
I'm doing 8.5 to 9 psi with stock exhaust with 3.500 pulley and hit 10 to 10.5 when I use the 3.375 pulley.

I think the next step for Mike.S after he installs the 3.250 pulley would be going to the new Bosch 60 lbs. injectors Whipple is offering as an option.
That is of course going to start push the limits of an unbuilt motor.
The 47lbs. injectors with the stock fuel pump are good for up to 700 fwhp so there not much left for increasing HP once your at 540+ rwhp.
Fuel and fuel starvation is the next obstacle.

Now that quite a few of us have upgraded the oil pump,
who knows what the next weakest link is going to be for a stock block. Other than what is speculated "piston rods".

Last edited:
OP
OP
mike.s

mike.s

Reaction score
haha, I've got some in there already, but I may need more.

Just ordered the 3.250 pulley. :headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
mike.s

mike.s

Reaction score
looks good ,I'm wondering why the boost is so low ? after installing monoblade throttle body and headers how is idling rpm ?

Hey Metro, I know you have been talking to JDM about improving performance on your truck. Just curious, what kind of horsepower, torque, and boost are you getting right now?

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right now i have no idea , the SC installed by Ford dealer with Ford/Whipple tune . i never been happy with the performance and now i hope JDM will fix it and tune it in the right way.
i hope that in few weeks they install the new custom tune and adjust it on the dyno .
My set up is : ARH long tube headers ,3.250 pulley ,lightning style exhaust , HSS oil pump gears ,Livernois fuel pump , rear O2 censors spacers .

Last edited:

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What can I say, another great sc thread.

I might as well add to it. I currently have the 3.25 pulley, ARH and gt500 tb. I am getting right at 8.5 psi.

As for loudness, you are correct Mike S. she screams with the 3.25 pulley I am sure your tb helps that out even more lol. How does the tb feel?

Noah is correct, I am in the process of deadening my entire truck for a sq setup. Wow what a difference it makes in cabin quietness.

Mike S. I am so happy to see you blazing the sc performance trails. Your numbers look pretty darn good. I was at 495 rwhp with "true" 37" tires. I will go and have another dyno soon for more information to add.

On a side note, I am in the process of getting a new tune once again. JDM this go round. Soon I will have tried all the major tunes. I will continue to update.

Thanks Mike S.!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalerg