New truck scratches...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Yep...it's called rail shipping and truck transport. Hell Raptors (and ANY brand) show up at dealers with holes in panels--ask me how I know. Paint scratches, chips, etc, etc are standard. They don't ship these in covered carriers. Dealers can fix almost anything damage wise. Take it back and request fix. Not a big deal IMHO.

Last edited:

TriGui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed a few scratches on mine. Have had it for 3 weeks now so I think im past the deadline.

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New here, forum has already been a wealth of knowledge. Picked up a 23 azure grey last week. First Raptor and love it so far. Wasn't my first color choice, but it was on the lot, and the deal was where i needed to be.

I have noticed, more and more under different lighting, all the scratches/scuffs on roof corners, bed side and hood, from what appears to be a somewhat abrasive shipping cover or something? Micro scuffs on all the sharp corners on the entire truck. It's nothing a few hours of paint correction won't take care of, but I am a bit pissed an 85k dollar truck will need so much correction just from shipping.

Anyone else seeing this? Dark color owners? Would hardly be noticeable at all unless under led lighting on white/silver/avalanche colors.
I hear ya. My raptor arrived with bubbles in the paint, and scratches on nearly every panel. The passenger door looks like someone gave a 3 year old a stick and said "have fun". I didn't expect perfection, but this was the worst factor-new truck paint I've ever received. Between that and the rusted interior seat brackets, I'm thinking the QC group at Ford has been taking a lot of PTO lately!

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The paint quality control has become a joke. On my less than 6 month old Bronco, looks like the black paint is 20 years old, like they honestly forgot to clear coat it or something, my 13' Black Raptor paint looks wayyyy better than a brand new vechile. Of course Ford says they cannot do anything. You would think after waiting for 3 years for the Bronco they would make it right. My fleet manager said he would avoid buying any new Ford this year, between all the recalls and quality control it is just not worth it, he also mentioned for all the recall / warranty work they can't source all true OEM parts and are outsourcing to cheaper quality items. In my 21 Raptor, I have gone through 3 seat covers, and a laundry list of minor issues that just seem to not get fixed. I have been a Ford Homer all my life, but I am really thinking of jumping ship here soon.

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New here, forum has already been a wealth of knowledge. Picked up a 23 azure grey last week. First Raptor and love it so far. Wasn't my first color choice, but it was on the lot, and the deal was where i needed to be.

I have noticed, more and more under different lighting, all the scratches/scuffs on roof corners, bed side and hood, from what appears to be a somewhat abrasive shipping cover or something? Micro scuffs on all the sharp corners on the entire truck. It's nothing a few hours of paint correction won't take care of, but I am a bit pissed an 85k dollar truck will need so much correction just from shipping.

Anyone else seeing this? Dark color owners? Would hardly be noticeable at all unless under led lighting on white/silver/avalanche colors.
99% of the cars that are delivered need some sort of paint correction.

My '22 raptor had a baseball sized bubble under the paint on the hood. Dealer had to respray the whole hood.

I've had cars that were more expensive have similar swirling and had one that nickel sized chips from shipping straps.

If its damaged, the dealer will handle.

If its just swirls and general paint correction then pay a good detailer and get it over with if it bothers you.

rlj676

Reaction score
The paint quality control has become a joke. On my less than 6 month old Bronco, looks like the black paint is 20 years old, like they honestly forgot to clear coat it or something, my 13' Black Raptor paint looks wayyyy better than a brand new vechile. Of course Ford says they cannot do anything. You would think after waiting for 3 years for the Bronco they would make it right. My fleet manager said he would avoid buying any new Ford this year, between all the recalls and quality control it is just not worth it, he also mentioned for all the recall / warranty work they can't source all true OEM parts and are outsourcing to cheaper quality items. In my 21 Raptor, I have gone through 3 seat covers, and a laundry list of minor issues that just seem to not get fixed. I have been a Ford Homer all my life, but I am really thinking of jumping ship here soon.
I think all mfg have similar problems. Parts shortages have hit all of them, and every one is raising prices while delivering less content etc.

Not sure how qc is cross industry… but I’m guessing it sucks everywhere as they feel they have the advantage now and can deliver “less”.

OP
OP
C

cmb396

Reaction score
I hear ya. My raptor arrived with bubbles in the paint, and scratches on nearly every panel. The passenger door looks like someone gave a 3 year old a stick and said "have fun". I didn't expect perfection, but this was the worst factor-new truck paint I've ever received. Between that and the rusted interior seat brackets, I'm thinking the QC group at Ford has been taking a lot of PTO lately!
Dang. Did the dealer correct it for you?

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang. Did the dealer correct it for you?
New seat brackets have been ordered, and the paint issues have been reported to Ford. Unfortunately 2 of the decals would need to be replaced along with quite a bit of paint correction. We're waiting to hear back from his contacts before we tackle the project.