New truck dents in door frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorman19

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the door frame came from the factory with dents in them? My 2019 has 6 dents in the drive and passenger door frames. All of which have had touch up paint applied. Has anyone else noticed something similar on their trucks? The dealer has been no help. I am taking it to PDR guy tomorrow to see what can be done with the one that is visible from the outside. Will leave the others alone.

I have said it in other posts I have had many new vehicles and they all have had some minor quirk to deal with but this truck has had what I feel is a lot. I also have a 2018 XLT work truck that has been flawless and has a great fit and finish so it makes me think the way they build the Raptor is part of the problem.

20190502_132644.jpg

20190503_122517.jpg

20190503_122527.jpg

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score
That’s not coming out with a pdr, looks like something got caught in the door and slammed

OP
OP
R

Raptorman19

Reaction score
The PDR guys pull it with glue. I can't see it coming out 100% but he thinks he can improve it to maybe 90%. Also these dent on our both driver sides. Most of them by the floor 2 up higher. This one bothers me the most.

OP
OP
R

Raptorman19

Reaction score
The rest of the dents are like this one. It's like they hit the door frame with the seat rails or a wrench.

20190512_104702.jpg

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score
Honestly if you just bought they truck, I would be sitting in the general managers office at that dealership getting my money back . New car is a new car , if it has dents in it that have been touched up that’s not new in my book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had 2 Fords with dents in the door jamb areas. Both were clearly done at the factory before paint and painted over. Neither one affected the door seals, and they were low down on the jamb, so I didn't worry about it. That one on your passenger a-pillar is not OK though... Visible even with the door shut! That should have never left the factory like that.

Say it with me...
"This is not acceptable on a 70K truck".

BobM19

Reaction score
Had the same issue with my 19 all 4 door areas - at first Ford was not willing to pay for the repairs - once I started court proceedings they agreed to repair the issues - looks as good as new now - but it was a fight!

Reaction score
It seems that before you take delivery of your vehicle you should have had them fix that first, once you take delivery you are accepting the vehicle's condition !!!

Fastback89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always go over my new vehicles with a fine tooth comb before signing, my wife always helps me look for imperfections

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I always go over my new vehicles with a fine tooth comb before signing, my wife always helps me look for imperfections

Yeah, but you’ll be raked over the hot coals here for doing that by the “just sign the papers and drive away” crowd. I spent over 2 hours just going over the vehicle, test driving, photographing before putting any ink to anything at the dealer and more time when I got back from the test drive. My paperwork time was less than 1 hour and we were there just shy of 4 hours. I jawed for ... 10, maybe 15 minutes.

@Raptorman19, I’m not trying to browbeat you here, I definitely don’t intend it that way, but for anyone else who looks at this thread before buying, let this be an object lesson to you to go over the truck with a fine toothed comb. Then do it again. Then have your cohort check your work because once you put your name to the paperwork, it’s a lot harder to get things ‘righted’.