New Skid Plate and Front Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bradyh20

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I picked up the Raptor today. Epic build if I may say so myself. The bumper and skid plate look great. And HOLY HELL those lights are bright. The single spot light up the side of a hill about 1/3 of a mile away like it was daylight. The floods fill everything in nicely. After I turn the HIDs off, I can barely notice the light from the stock headlamps. =D I'm one happy Raptor Owner

OP
OP
bradyh20

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew you'd say that!! lol.

Depending how drunk I get tonight, there may be some tomorrow.

Happy St. Paddy's Day!!

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For all of you who are residents of the Peoples Republik Of CA:

V C Section 24411 Auxiliary Lamps Off Highway Use
Auxiliary Lamps: Off-Highway Use
24411. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a vehicle may be equipped with not more than eight lamps for use as headlamps while the vehicle is operated or driven off the highway. The lamps shall be mounted at a height of not less than 16 inches from the ground, or more than 12 inches above the top of the passenger compartment, at any place between the front of the vehicle and a line lying on a point 40 inches to the rear of the seat occupied by the driver, shall be wired independently of all other lighting circuits, and, whenever the vehicle is operated or driven upon a highway, shall be covered or hooded with an opaque hood or cover, and turned off.

Or you could tell them they are fog lamps:

V C Section 24403 Foglamps
Foglamps
24403. (a) A motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than two foglamps that may be used with, but may not be used in substitution of, headlamps.

(b) On a motor vehicle other than a motorcycle, the foglamps authorized under this section shall be mounted on the front at a height of not less than 12 inches nor more than 30 inches and aimed so that when the vehicle is not loaded none of the high-intensity portion of the light to the left of the center of the vehicle projects higher than a level of four inches below the level of the center of the lamp from which it comes, for a distance of 25 feet in front of the vehicle.

(c) On a motorcycle, the foglamps authorized under this section shall be mounted on the front at a height of not less than 12 inches nor more than 40 inches and aimed so that when the vehicle is not loaded none of the high-intensity portion of the light to the left of the center of the vehicle projects higher than a level of four inches below the level of the center of the lamp from which it comes, for a distance of 25 feet in front of the vehicle.

Amended Sec. 20, Ch. 451, Stats. 2003. Effective January 1, 2004.
Amended Ch. 149, Stats. 1986. Effective January 1, 1987.

Or Aux Driving / passing lamps:

V C Section 24402 Auxiliary Driving and Passing Lamps
Auxiliary Driving and Passing Lamps
24402. (a) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two auxiliary driving lamps mounted on the front at a height of not less than 16 inches nor more than 42 inches. Driving lamps are lamps designed for supplementing the upper beam from headlamps and may not be lighted with the lower beam.

(b) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two auxiliary passing lamps mounted on the front at a height of not less than 24 inches nor more than 42 inches. Passing lamps are lamps designed for supplementing the lower beam from headlamps and may also be lighted with the upper beam.

My guess is that no matter what you tell them, you will still get an invite to help offset the state's deficit.