New OEM suspension parts-Which ones to replace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm gonna have my truck in service to replace/flush all the fluids and have them install my new OEM shocks, springs, and Deavers/shackles. What else should I have them replace while at it? My truck is a 2012 Scab w/58k miles. I want it to run better than factory(hence, the Deavers)

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sway bar bushings and links, couldn't hurt. Have you done the brakes yet, plugs, battery? How about paddle shifters :) , it's only money!
Brakes were done about 10k+ miles ago, but I could use new pads. Battery will be replaced as well. Its the original from June 2012.
I'm installing Geisers this time around and would like opinions as to which Deaver to go with? +2 or +3? I want to raise the front to level off with the rear. I think I remember something about Geisers on low perch w/Deavers +2 to level the truck. Correct?

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have the links to the exact sway bar bushings and links I need for my truck? Its an SCAB if that makes a difference. I'd rather buy the parts beforehand.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Brakes were done about 10k+ miles ago, but I could use new pads. Battery will be replaced as well. Its the original from June 2012.
I'm installing Geisers this time around and would like opinions as to which Deaver to go with? +2 or +3? I want to raise the front to level off with the rear. I think I remember something about Geisers on low perch w/Deavers +2 to level the truck. Correct?
Yeah I'm on plus 3 and mid perch and the back end sits a bit higher, so if you are looking for level, plus 2 should do the trick.

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure they actually have all of that in stock before you're confident the work will be done. I've heard backorders on the shocks several times.

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make sure they actually have all of that in stock before you're confident the work will be done. I've heard backorders on the shocks several times.
I've had the shocks at my house for several months now. Just need to get the Geisers, Deavers, new shackles, OEM SB bushings, links and maybe aftermarket tie rods and UCA.

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
58K shouldn't need anything really. At least have it checked first.
The truck is almost 10 yrs old. Its not a matter of needing anything, its all preventative maintenance. I know for sure the shocks are shot and I'm gonna need new brake pads very soon. Might as well freshen the suspension up at the same time as the new shocks.