New member, found a first gen I’m considering! Link inside...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HOOPSboy

Reaction score
Hello all,

I’m brand new here and I’m looking to buy my first Raptor and make my way back into the gasser side of Fords. I’ve had a newer 6.7 and an older 7.3 SD, now I’m going to an OBS 7.3 and hopefully a Raptor! I’ve made my mind up and want a race red screw or possibly black with the intentions of getting it painted with Kevlar paint or line-x material.

I stumbled upon this built 2012 screw that seems like its good to go. It has higher mileage than I want, but for the line-x job and all of the accessories, it seems like a great deal and it will split time between my other truck too. The mileage will not increase much. I can only figure it’s a highway cruising mall crawler OR on the other hand it’s a highway cruising I’m using a Raptor the way it’s meant to be used rig! I look forward to seeing it in person in a few weeks if it’s still available! Just looking for y’alls opinions on built rigs and whether it’s usually to go close to stock or it’s ok to buy someone’s unique project. Thanks

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/2012-ford-raptor-svt-clean/6684129503.html

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
With the linex on the exterior i think it ruins a truck. It should definitely be considered poor condition. I can’t imagine what they would say if you tried too traded it in. Should get a big discount, it never looks good five years down the road.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The add mentions only good points. It appears the front passenger fender was replaced and poorly fitted. I'd expect that to be noted in the add.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many miles? Can't see it mentioned anywhere but might just be my fone browser. Mall crawler is my guess too, 20" rims and stock everything but the bumpers (I'll leave my opinion of those out because it's subjective).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

AJS44

Reaction score
The linex itself doesnt look great. We rolled on bed liner on an old 7.3 that was 6 different colors and it looked better than that raptor's linex

14PaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Advanced Desert Design". Did ADD change their name?

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score