new guy with hennessey raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

2011joe

Reaction score
I think Livernois did a Tune for the Procharger for someone on this forum.
He claims it runs fine and I think he was at a Snowball event.
Can someone point to this forum member to 2011joe

That's what I was leaning towards I had called them b4 I bought the truck I really like the dyno tunning idea there is not a better way and I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about them at all.
HopefullyI can get it in soon

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Centrifugul superchargers usually have a little rattle at idle. I'm sure it's fine, and would have already come apart if there was an issue.

OP
OP

2011joe

Reaction score
Centrifugul superchargers usually have a little rattle at idle. I'm sure it's fine, and would have already come apart if there was an issue.
Thank you, Im sure you are correct about that just had a lot of questions and concerns just buying it and all. I have put 2k miles on it and no problems besides the surging I just got to get it to someone to dyno tune it.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
defiantly test the air valve. If it's malfunctioning it's most likely the source of the surging. My procharger system's airvalve started sticking because of the excessive oil that comes on the little filter attached to it. Once I cleaned it up, the surging and compressor chatter went away immediately.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Procharger on my Livernois tuned truck. Procharger makes two models with different gears inside, and one is quieter than the other. Mine make a bit of noise and is normal.

OP
OP

2011joe

Reaction score
I have the Procharger on my Livernois tuned truck. Procharger makes two models with different gears inside, and one is quieter than the other. Mine make a bit of noise and is normal.

How is the livernois tune, did you take your truck to them? I have been talking to them and thinking I'm gonna take it there in the next couple weeks. Another question for everyone is my trans shifts great except 5th to 6th just started having a big slip before 6th gear catches any known problems? Doesn't do it every time but more often then not. I have been not letting it go into 6th when I have been driving it lately.

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

defiantly test the air valve. If it's malfunctioning it's most likely the source of the surging. My procharger system's airvalve started sticking because of the excessive oil that comes on the little filter attached to it. Once I cleaned it up, the surging and compressor chatter went away immediately.

Thank you im gonna look that over

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
QUOTE: How is the livernois tune, did you take your truck to them? I have been talking to them and thinking I'm gonna take it there in the next couple weeks. Another question for everyone is my trans shifts great except 5th to 6th just started having a big slip before 6th gear catches any known problems? Doesn't do it every time but more often then not. I have been not letting it go into 6th when I have been driving it lately.

All in all I am happy with the tune. I took the truck to them and they did it on the dyno. Only slight issue I have is at zero vacuum it has a slight surge that we never did get out of it. Livernois was thinking maybe different injectors. I would use them again if I needed a tune.

For the trans, I would drain the fluid and install a new filter just because. Maybe pull a fluid sample and send out to lab for testing, that does not cost much. Mine has never done this, and would be of some concern.

OP
OP

2011joe

Reaction score
QUOTE: How is the livernois tune, did you take your truck to them? I have been talking to them and thinking I'm gonna take it there in the next couple weeks. Another question for everyone is my trans shifts great except 5th to 6th just started having a big slip before 6th gear catches any known problems? Doesn't do it every time but more often then not. I have been not letting it go into 6th when I have been driving it lately.

All in all I am happy with the tune. I took the truck to them and they did it on the dyno. Only slight issue I have is at zero vacuum it has a slight surge that we never did get out of it. Livernois was thinking maybe different injectors. I would use them again if I needed a tune.

For the trans, I would drain the fluid and install a new filter just because. Maybe pull a fluid sample and send out to lab for testing, that does not cost much. Mine has never done this, and would be of some concern.
They recommended that I get a set of id725 injectors. Do you know what injectors you have in your truck?
I currently have 47lb injectors but they still said I need to go with the id725s does anyone know if that is needed