New from west Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

OvrLnd99

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF!
#SameNumberOfpriusStill

strike while the iron is hot. Maybe even slot into a Jen Too Raptor while waiting, so you can get her onboard for the upgrade when one becomes available.
Thats a good idea. I may have to look into this. I can try to be smart and do upgrades that i can move over to the Gen 3. This way I can turn it into a money saving thing on the Gen 3. haha

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thats a good idea. I may have to look into this. I can try to be smart and do upgrades that i can move over to the Gen 3. This way I can turn it into a money saving thing on the Gen 3. haha

I like this plan.

Reaction score
Hello everyone. New guy here from west Texas. I have always wanted a Raptor, it has been the dream vehicle for so long. I currently have a reservation for a Wildtrak Bronco - which will come in sometime between now and before I die...maybe. However, looks like I might be making a change to a Raptor instead of the Bronco. My wife and I are building a house, and she told me a few weeks ago that since I am building her the house she wants and letting her do all the things she wanted - furniture etc., why don't I go ahead and start looking at getting a Raptor instead of the Bronco. So, after I woke up from passing out at that comment, I told her I loved her, then went straight to the forums. lol. So, here I am, spying, lurking, and learning all that I can so I can place my order hopefully the day after we close on the house, or soon after. :)

Thanks in advance to everyone that will answer my questions and I hope to learn a lot from everyone on here. And I promise to search for answers before posting a new thread and asking.
What do you want to use the Raptor for? I've had 4 Raptors and use them for ranching and offroading. They are great in tight spaces and rough terrain but lag if you plan on pulling a trailer or wanting to put heavy weights in the box. A little more specifics and I can give you some hopefully positive comments.

OP
OP
O

OvrLnd99

Reaction score
What do you want to use the Raptor for? I've had 4 Raptors and use them for ranching and offroading. They are great in tight spaces and rough terrain but lag if you plan on pulling a trailer or wanting to put heavy weights in the box. A little more specifics and I can give you some hopefully positive comments.
Thank you. I have always loved camping and being outdoors and off the grid. We plan on making this our "Adventure/travel" vehicle. I am not into Rock Crawling or anything like that, but love being outdoors and in nature. We will be using this for weekend trips "off grid" and (hopefully) longer trips going to various state/national parks and eventually more. We have not done and long trips off grid or major "overlanding" but hope to use the Raptor to get us moving more towards that. We have finally reached a point in life (job and finances) where we can start doing this type of travel more and put more into it. We are not able to have kids, so it will be us and the dogs just enjoying life and hopefully exploring more of the beautiful country God created for us. Our plan is to use the Raptor for a while, then see what we want to do in the way of getting "more" for it. IF we ever tow anything it would be a small boat (which we don't have but have always talked about getting) or a trailer (small off-road worthy trailer) that we can use for the trips described above.

On top of all that, I have just always LOVED the Raptor and, like mentioned above, can finally afford one. I know we could use other vehicles to do the things we want, but at this point, it is no longer the "responsible" part of us that is leading this next phase of life, it is the "lets enjoy life and do what we want" part of us that is in charge. We will probably never use the Raptor for everything it is made for or capable of doing, but we love it and want it, and that's good enough for us.

Well, now that I have said more than i planned and just gone on and on, I'm going to stop and post this. lol.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in Dallas a few weeks and was pleasantly surprised by all the Raptors I saw there - tons of them. I just figured the further west you went from Dallas every dude had a Tremor or Raptor or F150 dually to haul cattle.
You probably have plenty of options down there!

FFCJ

Reaction score
Yep, was in sorta the same boat. Sold our '13 Super Duty thinking we didn't need a pickup anymore. Nope, didn't work out with all of the toys (boat, RZRt, Harley, etc) so the wife and I talked and decided we need another truck. She said "ok, but it better be a Raptor". I said "yes dear". Took my work truck in for service and brought my/our '19 Velocity Blue home as a 'loaner' and never took it back!

Reaction score
Thank you. I have always loved camping and being outdoors and off the grid. We plan on making this our "Adventure/travel" vehicle. I am not into Rock Crawling or anything like that, but love being outdoors and in nature. We will be using this for weekend trips "off grid" and (hopefully) longer trips going to various state/national parks and eventually more. We have not done and long trips off grid or major "overlanding" but hope to use the Raptor to get us moving more towards that. We have finally reached a point in life (job and finances) where we can start doing this type of travel more and put more into it. We are not able to have kids, so it will be us and the dogs just enjoying life and hopefully exploring more of the beautiful country God created for us. Our plan is to use the Raptor for a while, then see what we want to do in the way of getting "more" for it. IF we ever tow anything it would be a small boat (which we don't have but have always talked about getting) or a trailer (small off-road worthy trailer) that we can use for the trips described above.

On top of all that, I have just always LOVED the Raptor and, like mentioned above, can finally afford one. I know we could use other vehicles to do the things we want, but at this point, it is no longer the "responsible" part of us that is leading this next phase of life, it is the "lets enjoy life and do what we want" part of us that is in charge. We will probably never use the Raptor for everything it is made for or capable of doing, but we love it and want it, and that's good enough for us.

Well, now that I have said more than i planned and just gone on and on, I'm going to stop and post this. lol.
The Raptor will work great for you then. Best of luck!