nav-tv front camera/vim bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just finished installing in my 2013. Everything appears to work great. I can confirm that the blue guide lines are not available when you force the front camera, but they do return when you meet all the original requirements for it to enable.

Is that a 2013 only thing or an update to navtv because they don't work on my 12

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noah,

I'm planning on installing this Saturday. I believe we need 2 wires (for the front cam) that didn't come with the kit (or at least they are not long enough to reach). What length and gauge/type do you recomend?
18ga wire is fine. this is a data signal so it is not a high current wire. no need for a thick set of wires.

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

i might add, i used 18ga speaker wire for mine. because the speaker wire is molded together as a pair, it made it easier to run. just remember which wire is which.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Is that a 2013 only thing or an update to navtv because they don't work on my 12

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
not sure on this. i cant remember well enough. we need some 2012 guys to chime in

BGCPrez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18ga wire is fine. this is a data signal so it is not a high current wire. no need for a thick set of wires.

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

i might add, i used 18ga speaker wire for mine. because the speaker wire is molded together as a pair, it made it easier to run. just remember which wire is which.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

not sure on this. i cant remember well enough. we need some 2012 guys to chime in

Great thanks Guys!

BGCPrez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in the middle of my install and everything is great so far. Things were not this easy when i did this in my late teens early twenties but that may be because of my experience and patience or the vast amount of proper tools i have acquired through the years.

One issue; as i ran the cables through the firewall i discovered a cut line under the hood. See the picture below you can even see the black electrical tape beyond that appears to be detached. Anyone else have this or know what it is? Is it supposed to be cut?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 56

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in the middle of my install and everything is great so far. Things were not this easy when i did this in my late teens early twenties but that may be because of my experience and patience or the vast amount of proper tools i have acquired through the years.

One issue; as i ran the cables through the firewall i discovered a cut line under the hood. See the picture below you can even see the black electrical tape beyond that appears to be detached. Anyone else have this or know what it is? Is it supposed to be cut?

I'll check mine, but I never noticed any.

BGCPrez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a better pic its on the right side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 59