nav-tv front camera/vim bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

155mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is what i have for the 2014. this is my truck. i installed my nav tv piece from my old truck, and when i was documenting it, i realized there was no sd card in my camera. so i took apart my dash again a few days later to show how to remove the radio. you will have to forgive the fuzzy video in the middle. i didnt have a gopro so i was using my digital camera and every distance change cause it to go out of focus. as far as power, the new harness has everything in it. just the front camera wire needs to be interrupted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t8SrfOWPKU

Two questions:

-Do your front camera guidelines still work when enabled the factory way on your 2014?

-At 6:33 in your video, I see something that looks like a silver heat sink at the bottom of the screen. Is that the inverter for the 110v outlet? If so, does it look like there is room to install a bigger one there?

Thanks! I don't have a truck yet, so that's why I have to ask all these questions...

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unfortunately you do lose the front active guidlines. the standard lines are still there. i will have to check out what you are talking about later regarding the heatsink

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

to avoid confusion, i updated the very first post with the group buy info. please remember to pay by the 15th. we need 12 confirmed in order to receive this pricing, otherwise it will have to remain open until we get enough people. if i can place the order by the date specified, you will receive them before christmas.

also please dont forget your frf user name when paying with paypal. it saves me a ton of time when trying to find who paid and who hasnt.

so far there are 5 people who have paid.

D

Deleted member 12951

I thought you only lose the front guidelines when you are using navtv to view it. But when you go in off-road mode or 4lo you gain the guideline function back. Correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

so far there are 5 people who have paid.

Wow, would of thought there was more in on this buy by all the responses. You have my payment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought you only lose the front guidelines when you are using navtv to view it. But when you go in off-road mode or 4lo you gain the guideline function back. Correct?

That's what I thought too, but NOPE! You lose them permanently!

I did a little testing, and if you unhook the wires from the NAV-TV that splice into the camera wires by the hood hinge, and hook them back to stock, and the rest of NAV-TV hooked up except those 2 wires, the blue moving lines do come back, and NAV-TV stillworks for rear camera (obviously not front). So I'm going to hook those wires up to a switch mounted in the center stack. One side of the switch will connect the factory camera wires to NAV-TV so the NAV-TV controls the front camera (no blue lines) and the other side of the switch will connect the factory camera wires to each other so that the ORM/Locker or ORM/4LO controls the front camera (moving blue lines back). Then if I am offroading and want the use of the blue lines it's 1 switch, or if I'm on the pavement and just want the front camera (although the blue lines would still be nice) I'll at least still have the camera control.

IMO NAV-TV kind of half azzed the front camera option, it works, but you lose the very convenient capability of the moving lines that the Raptor offers, and it only took me 30 seconds to think of a bypass to at least get it working again in the ORM/Locker ORM/4lo configuration with 1 toggle switch. I wish they made it work like OEM all the time, but at the very least they should have included a bypass switch in the kit and directions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter