nav-tv front camera/vim bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Are these being dropped shipped directly to our address or are they shipping to you first in bulk and then you re-shipping it to us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are these being dropped shipped directly to our address or are they shipping to you first in bulk and then you re-shipping it to us?

they must be shipped to me first. they do not drop ship. it must come to the authorized retailer first. once i receive them, i will get them shipped out to you. usually a 7-10 day turn around time from when i order to when you receive it

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you force vim the gps will not track. you need to make sure that it is off.

I had it happen again last week. I was not using VIM at all. I entered GPS to go to my location, and in the exact same spot as last time, the GPS froze. I was going through a toll booth and when the scanner read my EZPass it locked up. When I went through the next EZPass toll an hour later it jumped to that location, and when I went through a 3rd EZPass another 10 minutes later it jumped to that one. I even pulled over, shut the truck off, opened the door to shut the screen off, restarted, and the GPS was still locked at the toll booth. Only 20-30 mins later did it finally unfreeze location. It would just show the icon pointing the direction I was going, but not moving anywhere. I didn't use VIM or any NAV-TV feature.

It's definitely related though, I've been through those toll booths probably 100 times at least since I've had my Raptor, and never once did it ever lock up. Now both times I've been through it with NAV-TV, it has.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as with all electronics, there will always be the chance of problems. with the 100+ units that have been installed, i have heard of only 2 issues.

OUTCAST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had it happen again last week. I was not using VIM at all. I entered GPS to go to my location, and in the exact same spot as last time, the GPS froze. I was going through a toll booth and when the scanner read my EZPass it locked up. When I went through the next EZPass toll an hour later it jumped to that location, and when I went through a 3rd EZPass another 10 minutes later it jumped to that one. I even pulled over, shut the truck off, opened the door to shut the screen off, restarted, and the GPS was still locked at the toll booth. Only 20-30 mins later did it finally unfreeze location. It would just show the icon pointing the direction I was going, but not moving anywhere. I didn't use VIM or any NAV-TV feature.

It's definitely related though, I've been through those toll booths probably 100 times at least since I've had my Raptor, and never once did it ever lock up. Now both times I've been through it with NAV-TV, it has.

Would these issues be since SYNC update? My NAV had no issues until update, now it's super slow locating at times and freezes others and does what you've described.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
not sure, any idea how we go about an update? I've got a '12 so it's not MFT.

Almost seems like something is a connection that's not shielded and it's getting interference from the EZPass scanner causing it to lock up and disable tracking.

frankie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have confirmed that the 2013 and the 2014 units are exactly identical. i installed my nav-tv unit in my truck tonight which came out of my 13 originally. so we are ready to start a group buy for all of you new truck owners interested in unlocking all of your features while in motion. this will take some time to complete, i have had a busy past few weeks and will try to keep this updated. i am guessing 2 weeks for this group buy. soSUNDAY DECEMBER 15TH YOU NEED TO BE ON THIS LIST AND PAID IN ORDER TO TO BE INCLUDED ON THIS GROUP BUY. order will be placed monday morning dec 16th. i will need to verify pricing since the new units come with the new plug and play harness. i have to be careful here as i can not post a price online. if you want me to add you to the group buy, post here and i will pm you with the price starting monday.

GROUP BUY #3

2013/214

BGCPrez
Jake Y.
sringer
Jeff Quinn
BobCajun
Crazyc
SLACK N

Count me in please

D

Deleted member 12951

Will there be an updated list of people posted of who is in on the group buy? Just to confirm.