My Experiences Trying to Buy a Raptor over the last 8 months.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdfd504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks you have those kinds of dealers around. I was lucky enough to walk in and show them the truck I wanted that was available in MN, one call and a day later I am walking out the door with an invoice + $500 deal on a 2017. Good dealers are out there so don't fret.

MikeEby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks you have those kinds of dealers around. I was lucky enough to walk in and show them the truck I wanted that was available in MN, one call and a day later I am walking out the door with an invoice + $500 deal on a 2017. Good dealers are out there so don't fret.

It's funny the price you mentioned, that was exactly what I offered the guy today for the SCAB, the odd thing was he thought I was a broker at first wanting to buy their truck.

Mike

Grom107

Reaction score
I got mine from Don Vance ford near Springfield MO. If you're willing to travel give them a call. I paid a deposit and flew in to pick her up. No hidden fees or anything. Paid MSRP

D

Deleted member 12951

Most dealers seem to mark them up on the ones sitting on their lot. Usually get the better deal if you order and wait. Sounds like Don Vance has changed. Last time I was on the phone with them back in 2011 for a truck, I ended up hanging up the phone. I do see on their website that they have a 2018 white raptor at MSRP.

I live near Springfield so this is good news. Corwin Ford in Springfield has two listed but with a $5k mark-up.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something has to give in your scenario and I think it has to be you need to be willing to shop out of your area.

I also did email blasts to dealers up to three states over. The emails were very short and mentioned that I was not interested in wasting anyone’s time if there was an additional markup. Got plenty of no’s, no responses, and dealers who showed one price on their website but wasn’t the case when contacted. Didn’t take offense to it and moved on.

Things aligned for me when a local dealer had a factory order fall through when it arrived. Missed out on the first one to another FRF member but managed to pick up the second one. And I couldn’t hold the vehicle with a wire transfer until I was off from work or a test drive. Good luck OP.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I called over 30 dealers last year before I found a dealer that (A) had open allocations so I could order and (B) wasnt selling over MSRP.

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This appears to be a regional thing as deals are to be had here in the northeast. I was fortunate to get my '18 for $2k under sticker, and found two other dealers that were willing to honor the same deal. Unfortunately, there isn't a big 4x4 following here in the NE as trails are limited and certainly we don't have access to places like Moab. So, for those that are willing to fly in and ship back, or drive back, dealers here will deal. As I stated in another thread, my dealer in New Hampshire still has a '17 802A (build date 5/17) that will go $2300 under sticker. Nonetheless, patience is the key and targeting small town dealers appears to pay dividends.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experiences are very much like the OP's. I've never seen car dealers with such attitude.

It's even worse if you're looking for a SCAB, strictly an order out. It doesn't even seem like they care to do that for you unless it's MSRP+5K.

I found a SCAB 300 miles away and filled out the online form. He did call me back and the best he could do would be MSRP+$1500. I passed it would be a PITA getting it. I'm no rush here, I'm going to wait it out.

What's strange is the local trucks are sitting on the lots gathering dust.

Mike

So true. I have an order at msrp here a few miles from my house in MI. I had to use out of state dealers to push them to no adm. I’d love to grab one under msrp but going to the northeast eats about 1k in flights hotel fuel etc. then it’s does the truck have what you want or more? You can eat an under msrp deal $$ up real quick with extras you don’t want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk