Misery Loves Company

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smokeydbear

Reaction score
Misery loves company. Who’s got the worst wait time so far?

I’ll start:
- Ordered 10/28/2021
- 37 Package
- Transferred to 2023 model
- No build date or VIN yet

Salt in the wound: found two dealerships (one with 8 Raptors and another with 10 Raptors) for sale up to $15k over sticker. Why does Ford prioritize building trucks for dealers to spec out trucks so they can sell them over sticker while ******** over individuals with orders that are over 14-months old?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Misery loves company. Who’s got the worst wait time so far?

I’ll start:
- Ordered 10/28/2021
- 37 Package
- Transferred to 2023 model
- No build date or VIN yet

Salt in the wound: found two dealerships (one with 8 Raptors and another with 10 Raptors) for sale up to $15k over sticker. Why does Ford prioritize building trucks for dealers to spec out trucks so they can sell them over sticker while ******** over individuals with orders that are over 14-months old?
Whose the jamkoe who wrote that order up? Intern on his 3rd day at the dealership?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Or maybe their allocations were redirected for ADM overcharging.
@Nex hit it over the fence. If you have nothing after 14 months, your wait is perpetual.

Unfortunately, there’s no practical way for a Raptor buyer to know if an order will be accepted when they make the order. Any order can be submitted, but if the dealer doesn’t have a Raptor allocation, the order will go nowhere.

THIS is the major problem with Ford’s allocation ordering system. It’s BÙLLSHIT and leaves potential buyers strung along for long periods of time for no reason. They should be able to do better.

OP
OP
S

smokeydbear

Reaction score
So I asked for a copy of the DORA and it shows a Priority 10...no idea what that means, but I'm guessing that has nothing to do with allocation??? The DORA shows the deletion of Auto Start/Stop (same as how I ordered it 14-months ago) and now also has the deletion of the heated steering wheel (I'm being told by the dealer that this is a requirement to order a 2023).

I have a call this afternoon with the salesman at the dealership and the General Manager. What should I be asking to see if I am getting strung along by Ford/Dealer?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Heated steering wheel was deleted for 23s. Been discussed here for a year.

Others should chime in. But you want to ask if they are using one of their allocations for your truck. Where are you at on their Raptor order list.

OP
OP
S

smokeydbear

Reaction score
Thank you all for your help, and sorry for all the newbie questions. What type of proof do I need to ask for in order to feel comfortable that they have an allocation. They are blaming the 37pp on the situation, but that's obviously not the whole story here. At this point I'm worried about starting all over with another dealer, but I would rather do that than get strung along for another 6-months and start from square-one then. Thanks!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Dude, no need for apologies. We’ve all been there. I’m not really sure how to ‘prove’ the allocation, they either have it or they don’t. I think the bottom line is that if you don’t have a VIN after a year, you’re order is never getting picked up. That means the stealership either never had an allocation to begin with or they played stupid ADM games and won stupid ADM prized ; aka Ford pulled their Raptor allocations for overcharging.

I’d tend to believe the former before the latter but you never know.
I know it sucks but things are beginning to “un-stick” supply wise and soon we’ll be seeing Raptors on lots without huge overcharge. Then it won’t be as hard to land a Raptor.

2Bulls

Reaction score
Ordered my 2022 Raptor w/37 package in February 8 2022. I went from Priority 16, to Priority 10 and this week my dealer tells me I am a Priority 1 with my order now 'locked" meaning he can not make any changes.
When asked what all this means for me getting my truck, they said I am next to be scheduled and it should happen between late January and my the end of February.
I asked my dealer if he ever watched the movie "John Q"; told him he needs to watch it because I am about to pull one on him with my order.