Mid Perch Before and After

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mid setting raises the front of the truck 1.5" at the wheel centerline. I would guess the roof only comes up about an inch at the most.

wac45

Reaction score
I had serious concerns about going to the mid perch because I really liked the ride on the stock position. But I really liked the more leveled look. Well I finally went ahead and went to mid perch and could not be happier. The ride is great and the look so much better. As others have said if you are undecided about moving to mid perch go ahead and do it. You won't be disappointed! If you really were unhappy with it you can always change it back because it is just an adjustment but I have not heard of anyone being unhappy with the change.

I did have the allignment done as the toe was out quite a bit after the adjustment.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 82

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, what he said. I found the ride to be better on mid. I'm guessing because you are riding around in the softer valved area of the shock as opposed to near the internal bump area.

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have pics of stock/mid/top perch side by side?

Any pics plz?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Top Perch, UCA &tie rods, top really shows the underside, just don't want to have a nose high look, not an east coast thing. Actually, the top looks level more so than mid...

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanx mike!!

All in one pic!

Does the top perch mod take away the stability of the truck? like doing dounts or high speed offroad turns..

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about doing donuts, but I will say I feel with middle perch that I have a lot more control through bumpy corners than I did when I was on the top.

The front was a bit more choppy when on top perch - but that also could be a result of the sway bar, which I removed when I went from Top to Middle. That said - middle perch and no sway bar is definitely my preferred method of running stock suspension. I've driven on all three shock settings, and now can definitely say I prefer the feel of middle. However, if looks are what you care about, top perch is my favorite there.

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neat to see all three together like that. It looks like at each setting the truck grows too. Is it just me or does the black Truck look bigger??

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about doing donuts, but I will say I feel with middle perch that I have a lot more control through bumpy corners than I did when I was on the top.

The front was a bit more choppy when on top perch - but that also could be a result of the sway bar, which I removed when I went from Top to Middle. That said - middle perch and no sway bar is definitely my preferred method of running stock suspension. I've driven on all three shock settings, and now can definitely say I prefer the feel of middle. However, if looks are what you care about, top perch is my favorite there.

Is most of ur driving on road or offroad?

Im thinking about middle perch.. but didnt know about the taking off the swaybars.. most of my driving will be on road..

Neat to see all three together like that. It looks like at each setting the truck grows too. Is it just me or does the black Truck look bigger??

Lol... I was thinking the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DehydratedSurfer

Latest posts