McGard tailgate lock for sale..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I considered whether or not on the lock. After taking the tailgate loose and seeing that the wired connection for the camera is still there and connected, it made me re-think ever worrying about removing the tailgate. I labeled the key with a sharpie and put it on the "misc. small keys" keyring in a toolbox afterwards. Unless I get a tiregate, I'm not taking the tailgate off.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
I considered whether or not on the lock. After taking the tailgate loose and seeing that the wired connection for the camera is still there and connected, it made me re-think ever worrying about removing the tailgate. I labeled the key with a sharpie and put it on the "misc. small keys" keyring in a toolbox afterwards. Unless I get a tiregate, I'm not taking the tailgate off.

I had the same feeling plus this has the plastic covering to prevent scratching the paint and metal on metal noise

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just added a electric lock to mine so when I lock the doors the tailgate locks.. No tools or keys to deal with then...
the ony problem is that your tailgate can still be stolen even when its locked. this at least makes it a lot harder to physically remove the tailgate from the truck

Status
Not open for further replies.