Maxtrax Mounting Solutions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teamster

Reaction score
So things are really coming together in my '17. I've got the Builtright bed panels installed, Diamondback HD set up, and the interior mods are slowly taking shape. The one thing that really isn't dialed yet is some way to store my Maxtrax. Right now, I use a pair of Gearties to affix two boards to the driver side bed panel MOLLE.

How do y'all store your Maxtrax? I'm looking into getting a set of the Maxtrax mounting pins welded onto the front panel of my Diamondback, so they're hanging on the inside of the panel similar to how the back panel has ToolRacks for a fire extinguisher, shovel, and axe.

Terp

Reaction score
I mounted mine to the canister of my Retrax cover. Used a couple of brackets from a local company + the mounting pins.

These may help with your project and be way easier than trying to weld the pins to themselves.

Attachments

• 20211124_172458.jpg
    20211124_172458.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 169
OP
OP
teamster

teamster

Reaction score
I mounted mine to the canister of my Retrax cover. Used a couple of brackets from a local company + the mounting pins.

These may help with your project and be way easier than trying to weld the pins to themselves.

That really does look to be CONSIDERABLY easier than my idea. Just gotta figure out where to get those neat expando rubber washers that Diamondback used for the tool racks.

EDIT: Looks like these.

Last edited:

Terp

Reaction score
That really does look to be CONSIDERABLY easier than my idea. Just gotta figure out where to get those neat expando rubber washers that Diamondback used for the tool racks.
Which rubber washers? I'm not familiar with their system but the tool rack just looks like a bar w/QuickFist Clamps isn't it?

OP
OP
teamster

teamster

Reaction score
Which rubber washers? I'm not familiar with their system but the tool rack just looks like a bar w/QuickFist Clamps isn't it?
Correct - however, the tool bars are bolted onto the hollow cross-member of the panel using expanding rubber bolt sleeves like this. Now, I just have to find somewhere to buy them in the States.

EDIT: The term I was looking for was "well nut," and my dumb-*** didn't even think to look at the Diamondback instructions for a part inventory. In any case, I'll pick some up from the hardware store, ordered the brackets linked above, and should have a much easier time than trying to weld aluminum to aluminum!

Last edited:

ViMo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another fixing option without taking up space inside. The supports are made of stainless metal with quick fixing on the inside.

Attachments

• Maxtrax1.jpg
    Maxtrax1.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 62