Matte Black Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bakflip it, no-gloss the flares and it's near perfect :thumbsup:

I might have to do that in a few years when the scratches have overwhelmed the paint. :)

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hard to tell but is it a vinyl wrap? Paint done like that is CRAZY expensive to do. And even so, matte paint is not at all easy to keep clean.

Anyone know how easy vinyl is to keep clean?

ipoodman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much would a full matte black car wrap cost?

That would be great for protecting the vehicle from all those scratches...

I might just do this to my truck when I get it. Anybody know places that would do this sort of thing in SoCal?

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
Looks great, would have gone with the Snug Top instead of the raised tonneau. I hate those, they are the ugliest things, and the backflip ones are almost as tacky since everyone has them. If the wheels were gloss, the fenders wouldn't be too bad but that's a bit much. Just had a customer that races buy one and got the Snug Top for it, best looking one yet. Not raised in the center or anything. Just a clean "Snug" fit!

JohntheDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford should offer this color or similar in Matte. Suites better for Off-road in lookings and durability with chips, dings and scrathes.[/QUOTE]

That would be right up my alley as well (minus the gloss flares, of course)!

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aaeron and John, white is the most populat color for pre runners and off roaders for those exact reasons. Any scratch in matte paint ant it would be immedialty noticeable. It looks great on the street, but thats it. And who upsized the wheels? Not only does it make the truk look street queen it make the brakes look really tiny