GEN 2 Looking for fog lights GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Jake I'm guessing that is your eBay auction that you keep posting in the various replies???

Anyway to answer caynes question...

See I actually used to Run Rigid lights on my truck but I wasn't happy with the output. I picked up a set of Baja Design lights years ago and thought "wow these are small, probably going to suck" but I figured "okay I'll try them" and was REALLY impressed. And those were just the Squadron Sports, which don't pack as much punch as the Sqaudron Pros or the XL80 for that matter. I actually still have a set of D2s that I use for reverse that don't do anymore then my own ClaraLux reverse bulbs put out...

I couldn't find a Rigid light in the same size that gave me that much light output.

I sell their lights still, because they do have some great products but when it comes down to a side by side with their D2/Duallys compared to the Squadrons for example, Baja is hands down a winner. So That's why I push my customers to use Baja. Because I just know how happy they are going to be. I've never had a customer buy Rigid and regret it but I rarely get customers who buy Rigid send me photos of their trucks and praise it up/down... with Baja, i get that. Almost every customer of mine who's bought Rigid starts sending me emails thanking me for the suggestion and says how awesome they are..

So that's why I say most Raptor guys buy Baja. It's what I see as a dealer coming in. Yeah I sell a bit of Rigid of course, but I see more Baja sales then Rigid. And other dealers I talk to say the same thing. The customer service is outstanding at Baja also. Just the warranty alone and the fact they MAKE it in america is why I push it.

Thanks for the input. On top of cayenne's question about DOT approval I have a couple:

1) BD sells directly. What's the point of buying from distributor?
2) Why do they cost around $1K.
3) The most important: I intend to use fog lights in fog conditions. I hate to be that guy blinding everybody (like those who put affordable xenons inside headlights not designed for them). Are any of those BD lights designed as fog lights and not just a high output light source usefull for rallies during night time.
4) Where are they made? I am familliar with the likes of PIAA and Hella. The BDs look awfully close to $150 options Jake found on ebay. And the name does not ring a bell.

Question to everyone else reading: Why do those holes even exist on the truck? Every option to close them I've seen so far smells aftermarket from a mile away.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know a TON has been posted on the matter but finding the best option for what I want has been a bit cumbersome. I've looked at and like the Baja designs, M and R, Rigid Industries, etc etc.

I'm looking for the easiest install and solution for lights that fit in the fog light opening. You know, bracket and wiring included! (Baja maybe?)

I'd like to be able to have one set of the lights set up for legal while driving fog light. Amber would be cool but not a deal breaker if white.

The other two sets is like to have in off road settings like spot or wide cornering. I'd also like to have all three wired to separate upfitter switches. I think what Baja has designed might accomplish this but I'm not sure. Are they are set up for legal fog lights on the "sportsman" or "unlimited" etc etc??

Any and all advise is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got an idea...post something that's been covered multiple time here because you're looking for attention. HEY LAM! (Look At Me!)

So here's the sitch...you have a Raptor and you're interested in putting forward-facing lights on it.

Nah, why bother reading the other posts on the subject when you can pad you post count and act like you haven't been reading this forum for weeks on end.

Welcome to FRF

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's the only downside, no SAE that I know of from Baja (don't forget a lot of their customers are Baja racers who don't run on the streets).

Rigid has the SAE, which we sell a few of for that exact reasons. Not every truck owner wants to step outside the legal lines. MOST Of us don't care, but I get it. Gotta stay legal. In that case SAE would be the way to go but only ONE pair. You wouldn't do a 2nd unless you ONLY plan to run them off-road. Most state laws only allow a max of 2 pairs of white lights facing forward for driving (which is why fogs turn off when your high beams go on).

So the tricky part would be wiring the fogs (SAE or not) in so that when your high beams went on, the fogs went off. Otherwise having the SAE fogs would be pointless since you'd probably be breaking a law (you have to check your local laws but that's how it is in most states... the 4 light max rule)

OP
OP
Kelso

Kelso

Reaction score
I got an idea...post something that's been covered multiple time here because you're looking for attention. HEY LAM! (Look At Me!)

So here's the sitch...you have a Raptor and you're interested in putting forward-facing lights on it.

Nah, why bother reading the other posts on the subject when you can pad you post count and act like you haven't been reading this forum for weeks on end.

Welcome to FRF

You couldn't be more wrong.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

That's the only downside, no SAE that I know of from Baja (don't forget a lot of their customers are Baja racers who don't run on the streets).

Rigid has the SAE, which we sell a few of for that exact reasons. Not every truck owner wants to step outside the legal lines. MOST Of us don't care, but I get it. Gotta stay legal. In that case SAE would be the way to go but only ONE pair. You wouldn't do a 2nd unless you ONLY plan to run them off-road. Most state laws only allow a max of 2 pairs of white lights facing forward for driving (which is why fogs turn off when your high beams go on).

So the tricky part would be wiring the fogs (SAE or not) in so that when your high beams went on, the fogs went off. Otherwise having the SAE fogs would be pointless since you'd probably be breaking a law (you have to check your local laws but that's how it is in most states... the 4 light max rule)

Got it, that makes sense. I'll have to look in to the laws here in Oregon. I was just hoping for a set of lights that I could flip on for when I need fog lights and then be able to flip the other sets on for off-road. Two birds one stone. I might switch gears and go for something legal in he fog light arena and add another bar elsewhere.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
On your Gen2 you'll have some slight issues.

See if the laws are in Oregon like everywhere else, no more then 4 lights on... I do know one customer of mine who DID get pulled over when he ran his Baja Designs S2s and his high/low beams. The cop was cool and all but did pull him over (Lance you on here and wanna share your story??)

But there's no fog lights on the Gen2 right? So what do ya do. Well upfitters. You can then pick/choose what you turn on. Not as convienent to have 1 set of fogs always come on with your headlights but it lets you stay "legal"

On non-raptors you get fog lights that turn off automatically with high beam and they are easier to wire in, so that's your only issue here. WIRING it up how you want it.

There are ways of course but man you gotta get creative. A simple relay that turns the fogs on when your headlights come on is easy, BUT turning that fog light off when the high beams come on is where it gets a bit trickier.

OP
OP
Kelso

Kelso

Reaction score
On your Gen2 you'll have some slight issues.

See if the laws are in Oregon like everywhere else, no more then 4 lights on... I do know one customer of mine who DID get pulled over when he ran his Baja Designs S2s and his high/low beams. The cop was cool and all but did pull him over (Lance you on here and wanna share your story??)

But there's no fog lights on the Gen2 right? So what do ya do. Well upfitters. You can then pick/choose what you turn on. Not as convienent to have 1 set of fogs always come on with your headlights but it lets you stay "legal"

On non-raptors you get fog lights that turn off automatically with high beam and they are easier to wire in, so that's your only issue here. WIRING it up how you want it.

There are ways of course but man you gotta get creative. A simple relay that turns the fogs on when your headlights come on is easy, BUT turning that fog light off when the high beams come on is where it gets a bit trickier.

Thanks for the advise. I don't have a problem keeping the fogs on an upfitter and just trying to remember to flip them off when use high beams. Honestly if I'm in fog, high beams are a detriment more than helpful anyhow and I'll probably keep them on low when in a fog situation. So what light set up would best for me to go with if I want a set of fogs and two sets of off-road? Should I go with a three light setup from Baja or if there something better out there? I want something that fills that void up which is why I'm think three lights not just one.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advise. I don't have a problem keeping the fogs on an upfitter and just trying to remember to flip them off when use high beams. Honestly if I'm in fog, high beams are a detriment more than helpful anyhow and I'll probably keep them on low when in a fog situation. So what light set up would best for me to go with if I want a set of fogs and two sets of off-road? Should I go with a three light setup from Baja or if there something better out there? I want something that fills that void up which is why I'm think three lights not just one.

If you want to fill the void completely then you'd have to go with the fordraptorlights.com kit. You can chooses whichever Baja lights you'd like