GEN 2 Looking for fog lights GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelso

Reaction score
I know a TON has been posted on the matter but finding the best option for what I want has been a bit cumbersome. I've looked at and like the Baja designs, M and R, Rigid Industries, etc etc.

I'm looking for the easiest install and solution for lights that fit in the fog light opening. You know, bracket and wiring included! (Baja maybe?)

I'd like to be able to have one set of the lights set up for legal while driving fog light. Amber would be cool but not a deal breaker if white.

The other two sets is like to have in off road settings like spot or wide cornering. I'd also like to have all three wired to separate upfitter switches. I think what Baja has designed might accomplish this but I'm not sure. Are they are set up for legal fog lights on the "sportsman" or "unlimited" etc etc??

Any and all advise is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rigid makes DOT certified Dually, not cheap but very good performance. I'd read up some more, there are several kits. Pick the one you like the most and go for it. All of our sponsors have good options.

Fordraptorlights has the best aesthetic option in versatility in my opinion. Also tech support is second to none.

Last edited:

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a TON has been posted on the matter but finding the best option for what I want has been a bit cumbersome. I've looked at and like the Baja designs, M and R, Rigid Industries, etc etc.

I'm looking for the easiest install and solution for lights that fit in the fog light opening. You know, bracket and wiring included! (Baja maybe?)

I'd like to be able to have one set of the lights set up for legal while driving fog light. Amber would be cool but not a deal breaker if white.

The other two sets is like to have in off road settings like spot or wide cornering. I'd also like to have all three wired to separate upfitter switches. I think what Baja has designed might accomplish this but I'm not sure. Are they are set up for legal fog lights on the "sportsman" or "unlimited" etc etc??

Any and all advise is greatly appreciated!

Feel free to give me a call I can help you with all of your questions...

Jeff
781-603-8182

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd recommend Baja Designs. Rigid does have their SAE fog light but... BLEH... Rigid. Ask any Raptor guy MOST are running Baja. We're an authorized Baja Designs dealer AND we even sell Jeff's really popular Bezel kit which includes a pair of KC HiLites and room for 2 more pairs (total of 3 lights on each side) of Baja or Rigid lights. We recommend the Baja Designs lights.

We're having a sale right now with Labor day so shoot me a PM and I can help you pick out a kit.

Check out Jeff's Tripple Bezel Kit here: 2017 Ford Raptor Triple Fog Light Bezel Kit w/KC HiLITES Flex Lights - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

You then get to pick which Baja Lights you want in there (those cost extra, so don't think you get them included lol, Jeffs kit gets you the bezel and the KC lights... the wiring harness is optional but highly recommended if you want to run 3 pairs of lights).

Baja Has kits also for the Ford available here... they have 3 plug and play kits to pick from: LED Auxiliary Lights - Baja Designs - Raptor Lighting Kits - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend Baja Designs. Rigid does have their SAE fog light but... BLEH... Rigid. Ask any Raptor guy MOST are running Baja. We're an authorized Baja Designs dealer AND we even sell Jeff's really popular Bezel kit which includes a pair of KC HiLites and room for 2 more pairs (total of 3 lights on each side) of Baja or Rigid lights. We recommend the Baja Designs lights.

We're having a sale right now with Labor day so shoot me a PM and I can help you pick out a kit.

Check out Jeff's Tripple Bezel Kit here: 2017 Ford Raptor Triple Fog Light Bezel Kit w/KC HiLITES Flex Lights - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

You then get to pick which Baja Lights you want in there (those cost extra, so don't think you get them included lol, Jeffs kit gets you the bezel and the KC lights... the wiring harness is optional but highly recommended if you want to run 3 pairs of lights).

Baja Has kits also for the Ford available here... they have 3 plug and play kits to pick from: LED Auxiliary Lights - Baja Designs - Raptor Lighting Kits - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

Love to see a survey that shows most Raptor guys are running Baja... Both are great lights and from what I've seen over the years here people run a mix.

Seeing that you sell both, I'm sure Rigid would be disappointed that you are running around calling them "bleh"

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love to see a survey that shows most Raptor guys are running Baja... Both are great lights and from what I've seen over the years here people run a mix.

Seeing that you sell both, I'm sure Rigid would be disappointed that you are running around calling them "bleh"

I wouldn't say most are running baja...plenty are though because the pros rate highest in lumens...

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jake I'm guessing that is your eBay auction that you keep posting in the various replies???

Anyway to answer caynes question...

See I actually used to Run Rigid lights on my truck but I wasn't happy with the output. I picked up a set of Baja Design lights years ago and thought "wow these are small, probably going to suck" but I figured "okay I'll try them" and was REALLY impressed. And those were just the Squadron Sports, which don't pack as much punch as the Sqaudron Pros or the XL80 for that matter. I actually still have a set of D2s that I use for reverse that don't do anymore then my own ClaraLux reverse bulbs put out...

I couldn't find a Rigid light in the same size that gave me that much light output.

I sell their lights still, because they do have some great products but when it comes down to a side by side with their D2/Duallys compared to the Squadrons for example, Baja is hands down a winner. So That's why I push my customers to use Baja. Because I just know how happy they are going to be. I've never had a customer buy Rigid and regret it but I rarely get customers who buy Rigid send me photos of their trucks and praise it up/down... with Baja, i get that. Almost every customer of mine who's bought Rigid starts sending me emails thanking me for the suggestion and says how awesome they are..

So that's why I say most Raptor guys buy Baja. It's what I see as a dealer coming in. Yeah I sell a bit of Rigid of course, but I see more Baja sales then Rigid. And other dealers I talk to say the same thing. The customer service is outstanding at Baja also. Just the warranty alone and the fact they MAKE it in america is why I push it.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jake I'm guessing that is your eBay auction that you keep posting in the various replies???

Anyway to answer caynes question...

See I actually used to Run Rigid lights on my truck but I wasn't happy with the output. I picked up a set of Baja Design lights years ago and thought "wow these are small, probably going to suck" but I figured "okay I'll try them" and was REALLY impressed. And those were just the Squadron Sports, which don't pack as much punch as the Sqaudron Pros or the XL80 for that matter. I actually still have a set of D2s that I use for reverse that don't do anymore then my own ClaraLux reverse bulbs put out...

I couldn't find a Rigid light in the same size that gave me that much light output.

I sell their lights still, because they do have some great products but when it comes down to a side by side with their D2/Duallys compared to the Squadrons for example, Baja is hands down a winner. So That's why I push my customers to use Baja. Because I just know how happy they are going to be. I've never had a customer buy Rigid and regret it but I rarely get customers who buy Rigid send me photos of their trucks and praise it up/down... with Baja, i get that. Almost every customer of mine who's bought Rigid starts sending me emails thanking me for the suggestion and says how awesome they are..

So that's why I say most Raptor guys buy Baja. It's what I see as a dealer coming in. Yeah I sell a bit of Rigid of course, but I see more Baja sales then Rigid. And other dealers I talk to say the same thing. The customer service is outstanding at Baja also. Just the warranty alone and the fact they MAKE it in america is why I push it.

I gotcha, that's a good summary! The OP asked for something that is road "legal" as a fog though. Does Baja make a DOT/SAE version? If so, I'd like to throw a set on my truck and try them. The Rigid SAE at least have a good cut-off so you can tune them in for true driving or fog with a pair of spots as backups.

Bluehinder

Reaction score
I'm running FRL Baja Design kit on my 2017 Raptor.

Hard to imagine it getting any better. One more vote for BD.

I've dealt with Jeff and BD during the install, and they are the best. Both just awesome in every way.

Also installed BD Onyx light bar in lower grill, love it.

Last edited: