Looking for a 6.2L Raptor owner interested in a camshaft swap... **discounted price**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It must be done by now, it was over a month ago. I wanna see the results it makes on a stock 6.2.

Andy@Livernois

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
currently the project is on hold due to inadequate piston to valve clearance. Or initial hope was to design a cam phaser limiter similar to what we have devised on the older 3v for engines. Unfortunately there is literally zero PTV with these cams. As of now we are working with FRPP on either a revision of the parts, or an alternate solution with a different piston.

Thank you,
Andy

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Zero PTV on 9.xx:1 compression?

Sounds like flycut pistons are in order. I was hoping to mill the heads for a half compression point but I guess that is off the table as well.

Andy@Livernois

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the problem here is the amount of material that would need to be removed is well beyond what we would be comfortable with. I personally think revamping the camshafts would make the most sense.