Livernois tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good call.

I’m an MPT guy, but I’m hanging tight for Livernois to get control of the TCM as well.
Once they release a tune on both sides of the football I may even try it for comparison purposes.

I’ll be going Livernois again. Nothing against the other tuners but I have two ecoboost platforms currently tuned by them and have been very happy with all aspects of their business. Yeah I don’t have anything to compare them to but I don’t want to go down the path of “I wish I had stayed with them”. I have around 75k to 80k miles on the two combined with “knock on wood” zero issues.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am considering a tune. In your opinion, is your tune better than 1. The Whipple tune 2. the Roush tune 3. the MPT tune ? If so in what way?

We make it a policy to never compare ourselves to others. There are many reasons for this, but I will just say that there is no one on the planet that does as much with the various lines of EcoBoost engines as we do. Basically if someone is setting a record on an EcoBoost powered anything, it's almost always got our tuning, or hardware that we make for it. we've been doing EcoBoost tuning for as long has there has been an EcoBoost engine, so our insight really is unmatched. We have customers with over 150k tuned miles for a reason :)

I’ll be going Livernois again. Nothing against the other tuners but I have two ecoboost platforms currently tuned by them and have been very happy with all aspects of their business. Yeah I don’t have anything to compare them to but I don’t want to go down the path of “I wish I had stayed with them”. I have around 75k to 80k miles on the two combined with “knock on wood” zero issues.

And you're not alone. We look at long term reliability, who cares about 5-10 more HP if it cuts your engine life in half?

srgdrum

Reaction score
Actually, the way we test is done differently than almost anyone out there. We have been doing the EcoBoost platform longer than anyone else out there, and know how to properly test these for proper validation. As for the intercooler, it's actually not horrible on these, but we do offer a solution for that as well.

BTW, I am sort of chuckling that we are somehow the cheap option. I don't think I have ever seen that implied in 12 years of being here. Great value? worth the money? pricey but worth it? never cheap...

I think he was referring to my desire to re-use my original mycalibrator from my Explorer Sport...

Still haven't heard an answer: Can I re-use it?

OP
OP
H

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called them with the same question and was told NO. The tuner for the Raptor is different and would require a new tuner.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called them with the same question and was told NO. The tuner for the Raptor is different and would require a new tuner.

This is correct. The majority of the reason the MyCalibrator did not support the 17-18 trucks up until now is it actually required a hardware change. Because of this we cannot do a simple firmware update to make it work. It actually needed different components on the board.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats the situation with data logging requirements? Do you need monitoring of several parameters and followup/update?

Also what is included in the pricing asides from the hardware?

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats the situation with data logging requirements? Do you need monitoring of several parameters and followup/update?

Also what is included in the pricing asides from the hardware?

There is no need for data logging if you want to afterwards that is perfectly fine. The way we set up our tunes they are very safe and reliable and done in house by our team of expert calibrators not just one guy saying your good.

You will also get lifetime support on the product for the vehicle it is supported by. Which means as more performance upgrades become available we will update your device and give you support at no charge as we install these parts and tune on them.