Little footage from Friday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Q

quicksinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a good time, but on the way down the mountain I got 1.5 flat tires. We stopped for a minute to switch drivers and we heard the dreaded hissing coming from my rear passenger tire. It was pretty bad so we had to change it there. And then we heard the other rear tire doing the same from a screw in it. That one was a slow leak so made down to the nearest gas station. Needless to say I'll be getting new tires this week. Problem is what tires to get? I would like to try the BFG Baja's, but from what I'm hearing you have to have a racing number and license to get em. I have a buddy that has the credentials and he's working on it for me. I just want some tires that wont chunk as bad as these stockers.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Needless to say I'll be getting new tires this week. Problem is what tires to get? I would like to try the BFG Baja's, but from what I'm hearing you have to have a racing number and license to get em. I have a buddy that has the credentials and he's working on it for me. I just want some tires that wont chunk as bad as these stockers.
I have not been impressed by the stockers, either. I have mulled this over quite a bit. I had Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs on my Ranger and they were great tires (quiet for a mud tire and great in the dirt), and will likely be the tire that I get when the stockers are no longer serviceable. I have heard good things about Projects, but also that they wear quickly on the street.

OP
OP
Q

quicksinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the General Grabbers, so we will see what happens with these. Thinking back on the BFG's I guess they didn't do too bad. Considering the abuse that i put them through including the 18K miles, I guess they did fairly well.

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted, most of us that ride em hard in this area have chunking issues on the stock tires. I am very interested to see how they do on your truck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oRoarke