Line-x troubles - getting installed (NH)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NH Bad Rap

Reaction score
Hello all, I’m taking delivery of my new black Raptor on Wednesday and I’d like to get the bed and fender wells line-x coated. I’ve called a number of shops that are in NH and all refuse to do inside of the fenders and none of them remove the factory bolts in the bed now. They “spray everything because ford only uses 1-time bolts”……. C’mon. Every other truck I’ve done had the bolts removed and the fenders done for an extra $100 a corner. Any insights or recommendations in the NH area would be appreciated.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shops here refused to do my fender wells also. So, after seeing what another member here did, I bought the Raptor Liner stuff from U-Pol and will spray the wells myself.

TxNessie84

Reaction score
Same story I got from my Line-X dealer in Houston area. They left bolts in when they sprayed my bed.

They wanted to use some 3M undercoating spray to do my wheel wells. I did not have them do them. I am still waiting to see if any liners become available that look decent but will probably eventually spray them myself.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey at least they are consistent. What the h e ll are single use bolts anyway? I am sure they learned the hard way. Those who have the “ Tough bed” from factory, are those painted over?

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey at least they are consistent. What the h e ll are single use bolts anyway? I am sure they learned the hard way. Those who have the “ Tough bed” from factory, are those painted over?
Per the 2015 Ford F-150 Workshop manual: “NOTE: The pickup bed bolts are one-time-use only. Install new bolts whenever the bolts are removed. Remove and discard the pickup bed bolts. Remove the pickup bed. Torque: 59 lb.ft (80 Nm)”

TTY (commonly called single use bolts) A torque to yield fastener (TTY) or stretch bolt is a fastener which is torqued beyond the state of elasticity and therefore undergoes plastic deformation, causing it to become permanently elongated.

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Ford "Tough Bed" coats over the bolts as well.

Raptor_Ryan

Reaction score
I just had mine done this week at line-x. They removed the bolts in the bed and did the rear wheel wells no problem. I did have to convince them to spray the tailgate though with all of the new electrics back there they were hesitant with the known rear parking sensor issues, so they just sprayed the tailgate without removing it.

OP
OP
N

NH Bad Rap

Reaction score
I called everywhere and no one will do the wheel wells. One shop said they didn't even remove the plastic measuring pad on the tailgate. Finding shops that do good work is getting harder and harder.