Lighting Condensation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. I'll accept that for the headlights but I do have droplets on my two rear accent lights.

Its an exterior light, says directly in the manual that all exterior lights are vented. Of coarse there are exceptions and if yours doesnt clear up go get it replaced.

D

Deleted member 12951

^^^
This. I had both my Gen1 headlights replaced under warranty because it was over 50% and was streaking for over 48hrs, actually a week.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So Ford approved replacement of Headlights this morning. Submitted pics and they approved the replacement in about 15 minutes. Agreed that it was not "normal". Don't listen to @ZaneMasterX. Like I stated earlier every headlamp has vents to prevent this from occurring. If it does occur, it will cause hazing and yellowing of the housing lens and possible electrical issues with the light due to moisture.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So Ford approved replacement of Headlights this morning. Submitted pics and they approved the replacement in about 15 minutes. Agreed that it was not "normal". Don't listen to @ZaneMasterX. Like I stated earlier every headlamp has vents to prevent this from occurring. If it does occur, it will cause hazing and yellowing of the housing lens and possible electrical issues with the light due to moisture.

In your case. It wont happen in every single case were condensation makes it into the housing or they wouldnt have put it in the manual.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In your case. It wont happen in every single case were condensation makes it into the housing or they wouldnt have put it in the manual.

Whether the manual states it or not, the pics posted in here are not normal and would warrant replacement. When you finally get your truck if you want to accept that shit go ahead, but don't tell people it is normal when it isn't. A 60K vehicle with fogged up headlights after a rainstorm, cold foggy day, snow, or a car wash is not normal regardless what the manual says.

6062FCCC-1CFE-42C8-8FB3-4AE7CC920FDD_zpscp11j93i.jpg

DF70A824-F63E-4FFB-B92C-9069EED88718_zpsywbrkirw.jpg

F1DB763B-D371-46A5-A3DB-99B3F15DBCF7_zpspdyeupwf.jpg

Santiago

Reaction score
My lights have cleared up in about 24 hours since posting in here. At the time when I took my pictures there was a drop in temp of about 20 degrees. Crystal clear now except when washing, the fog rolls in but that also clears in about 24 hours. I guess the vents are working?

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Crystal clear now except when washing, the fog rolls in but that also clears in about 24 hours. I guess the vents are working?

Here is my problem with this. Wash a brand new vehicle and it looks like shit with fogged headlights for 24-48 hours. Every other day they are fogged due to temp around here and if Ford is replacing them, that means they're failing by their own standards. Mine would clear up in 24-48 hours also but another cold day and it is back. Let's say it's like this all winter you have headlights with condensation all season.

OP
OP
J

Jetsco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just heard back from the service department at my Ford dealership and they're saying fogging can occur and is normal but if physical droplets form then they'll warrant replacement... wtf.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I just heard back from the service department at my Ford dealership and they're saying fogging can occur and is normal but if physical droplets form then they'll warrant replacement... wtf.

You can try another dealer. Wash it on a cold day and take pics immediately. Did they even submit pics or deny you prior to asking Ford?