LED side vent lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jdombrowski1077

jdombrowski1077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is my plan. My electrical guy was suppose to do them saturday but now we are pushed back to Wednesday. If he doesnt do them wed. Thursday I will be doing it myself.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That looks badass! Which size did you get and where exactly did you install them?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if we put red and amber leds behind the fender vents and under the hood vents it will look like a hennessey raptor!! :flame:

whoa its been a while since i went thru all the smiles. just saw this one lol madcow!

:madcow:

bigred1097

Full Access Member
Reaction score

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jocker nice pics of my truck. The mod is really easy to do. Hood vents can be a little difficult to get out. I wired are the blue lights in to the aux switches. I'm actually from MA

Good to see you checking in, I know your from MA (not CT). I couldn't remember your user id. Do you have your new heads?

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

any how-to for removing the hood vents?

Hopefully, bigred1097 will chime in, but what he told me is that you need to remove the clips in the hood liner (hardest part) which will give you access to the vents from under the bellow.

bigred1097

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to see you checking in, I know your from MA (not CT). I couldn't remember your user id. Do you have your new heads?

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

Hopefully, bigred1097 will chime in, but what he told me is that you need to remove the clips in the hood liner (hardest part) which will give you access to the vents from under the bellow.

First thing take a trim removal tool and rove all the clips that hold the hood insulation
Second remove the the 10mm (***** size) bolts on the bottom side of the cents
Third same time tool used on the hood insulation clips wrap it electrical tape and carefully pry the hood vents off. (This is the hard part). After vents are removed remove the remaining clips and reinstall them into the vent
Forth install the 10in led strip lights you can get them at Auto Zone or Wal-mart you will need two packages on two. I stuck them two per side directly to the hood opening.
Fifth reassemble hood and wire

I have had mine installed for over a year and a half now I took me about an hour to do this mod if you have any questions message me

Jocker no headlights yet. Me and Dawson have been emailing back and forth on what I want I think I'm going with the 2013 OEM HID painted silver to match the truck with LED strips no halos. But have him do SVT on the side markers can't wait to get them done

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I assume the vents remove from the top, and there's no opening on the bottom side to pop them through? Never had the hood insulation off before.

This is definitely a spring time mod, too cold here to do it now, the plastic gets hard and makes popping clips out much harder.