just remove the res?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lots of people have done it. I say remove the muffler. I ran with just the res for a long time. Pretty impressed for a $10 mod

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed the resonator on mine and I get what I would call minor drone but the stock exhaust does sound better. I'm thinking of putting the res back on and deleting the muffler until I do a Corsa system.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
not too loud with muffler gone and res in? I don't want loud , just a bit louder than stock

dirtydeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not too loud with muffler gone and res in? I don't want loud , just a bit louder than stock

if you remove the stock muffler, but leave the resonator in place, and install a helmholtz resonator into the stock tailpipe, you will find that your truck is really only heard when on the throttle. When cruising the sound is just right.

That's the beauty of physics:)

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lots of people have done it. I say remove the muffler. I ran with just the res for a long time. Pretty impressed for a $10 mod

You just unbolt the muffler and replace with Y-pipe right?