Just bought a ‘12, can’t ID LED lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! I prefer the understated color w/o the decals or tailgate appliqué (for now haha). I don’t know that I intend to do a bunch of work on it right away. I just want to get used to driving a full-sized truck again (a VERY capable one, at that). I still love seeing all of the posts about what others have done and learning about things to watch for/avoid.
The Raptors are very capable right out of the factory, there really isn't anything they need other than lights on the 10-12's because of the crappy headlights. You could get some aftermarket halogen bulbs to help out if you don't have the cash to replace the missing fog light, but i would take the other one off, my OCD meter is getting triggered, lol.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Zoomed in on a couple pics of my front end.
I have 2 sets on each side.
Not sure what brand as they were on there when I got the truck.
Mine have 4 leds in each light, otherwise look pretty similar.
Congrats on the truck.
Looks nice (even without the graphics :) )

OP
OP
doodman4321

doodman4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptors are very capable right out of the factory, there really isn't anything they need other than lights on the 10-12's because of the crappy headlights. You could get some aftermarket halogen bulbs to help out if you don't have the cash to replace the missing fog light, but i would take the other one off, my OCD meter is getting triggered, lol.
Thanks for nothing...now my OCD is triggering. I'll likely take the extra one off this weekend.

Anybody have a recommendation on how to best protect/hide the wiring for the extra one? I don't know that I'll ever identify the original brand to replace, but in the event that I can reuse the current wiring, I'd like the option.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for nothing...now my OCD is triggering. I'll likely take the extra one off this weekend.

Anybody have a recommendation on how to best protect/hide the wiring for the extra one? I don't know that I'll ever identify the original brand to replace, but in the event that I can reuse the current wiring, I'd like the option.
Without seeing the wiring, best guess is to disconnect the negative cable on the battery first, then cut the wiring close to the light, if there is 1,2,or 3 wires put some heat shrink on the end of each wire and use a lighter to shrink it tight. Then just wrap the wires in black electrical tape and secure up and out of the way with a cable tie or zip tie. Reconnect the negative cable.

OP
OP
doodman4321

doodman4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve decided to ditch the current (likely) Amazon specials. I have a Rough Country triple fog light kit w/ amber DRL that I'd really like to use, but it’s Gen2 specific due to the mounting bracket. Any Jen Juan owners have luck with a generic 3-light bracket for this kind of setup? Or am I better off just using two lights on each side with my current bracket and keeping the extras for spares?

Last edited: