Instrument cluster menu problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JReese33

Reaction score
I have the menu controls on the steering wheel. I used to be able to access all of the menu options on the cluster. However, in the last few days I can't access the settings or info options. It doesn't matter if I'm driving, stopped, parked, key on only (truck not running).
Any ideas as to what happened, and how to fix it?

Sent from my S9 using Tapatalk

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the menu controls on the steering wheel. I used to be able to access all of the menu options on the cluster. However, in the last few days I can't access the settings or info options. It doesn't matter if I'm driving, stopped, parked, key on only (truck not running).

Those only turn on when not moving I believe. Unplug negative terminal for 30 minutes, reconnect then try again.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure @Raptized is right, but before you disconnect the battery try it in Park, and arrow all the way left before going down to settings and info...had the same problem and eventually got to it.

OP
OP
JReese33

JReese33

Reaction score
Pretty sure @Raptized is right, but before you disconnect the battery try it in Park, and arrow all the way left before going down to settings and info...had the same problem and eventually got to it.
All the way left? Interesting. I have tried it in park, as well as with the truck off, but the key on.
I have the "upgraded" steering wheel. It has an ok button surrounded by up, down, left, right buttons. Are you saying I should hold that left button down? For how long? 5sec, 30sec, etc?

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the way left? Interesting. I have tried it in park, as well as with the truck off, but the key on.
I have the "upgraded" steering wheel. It has an ok button surrounded by up, down, left, right buttons. Are you saying I should hold that left button down? For how long? 5sec, 30sec, etc?

Right, same controls on all Raptors, I normally drive around in the economy setting (not real sure why lol), in the 2nd setting to the right (like every 5 minutes, again I dunno why I leave it on that display). From there while driving I can cycle up or down to trip, trans temp, offroad; but not settings or info. I tried like you did to get to those and it refused. WTF. But if you are in park with the ignition on and the engine running or not, you should be able to use the left arrow to get all the way back from whichever menu you're in until it stops, and then arrow down to settings and info. You don't have to hold it down or anything.

OP
OP
JReese33

JReese33

Reaction score
Right, same controls on all Raptors, I normally drive around in the economy setting (not real sure why lol), in the 2nd setting to the right (like every 5 minutes, again I dunno why I leave it on that display). From there while driving I can cycle up or down to trip, trans temp, offroad; but not settings or info. I tried like you did to get to those and it refused. WTF. But if you are in park with the ignition on and the engine running or not, you should be able to use the left arrow to get all the way back from whichever menu you're in until it stops, and then arrow down to settings and info. You don't have to hold it down or anything.
Hmmm. Ok. I'll try it that way. Haven't had to do that before. Thanks

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I guess I should have asked what specific setting you are looking for.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yep...use park....Ford...and me i guess.....don't want you driving around staring at detailed set up menus in a 6,000 pound truck with your head down at 50 mph :)

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know if you figure it out or I'll make a video.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter