Instrument cluster control buttons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speedemon

Reaction score
2017 Raptor , Instrument control buttons ( Up , Down , Right , Left and OK ) on the left side off steering wheel just changed. Up arrow is now OK button. OK button moves menu to the right. Right arrow now move selection backwards, down arrow still works. Has anyone had this happen? Anyway to reset? Tried Master reset , no help. Should I disconnect battery over night? Thanks in advance for any help before I go to dealer to see the radio man. My local dealer subs out all electrical / sync work.

OP
OP
S

Speedemon

Reaction score
Has anyone reprogrammed, reset or replaced the instrument cluster module? Local deal told me they have 45 day wait to get diagnostic done.....

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Is the truck stock and has FORSCAN ever been used on it?

I believe FORSCAN allows you to reverse the buttons side to side (?) and it’s definitely possible to cause chaos with a mistake in the programming.

Else, it sounds like a possible module fault... you can also use FORSCAN to pull and clear DTC’s... You may as well get the adapter and see if you have any codes showing

OP
OP
S

Speedemon

Reaction score
I bought truck new, No Forscan used. I could do real damage with my lack of computer skills.....Will a code reader be able to read instrument cluster codes? Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1840.jpg
    IMG_1840.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 5

smurfslayer

Reaction score
simple code reader will tell you if there are any DTC’s. if you’ve never messed with it, you probably need the assistance of a stealership service tech.

OP
OP
S

Speedemon

Reaction score
Thanks smurfslayer. I have decided to give FORscan a try. I'm searching for a dedicated laptop / tablet and adaptor. (Bluetooth or Wired) . Any suggestions? I'm not an Apple guy....

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Any old Windows of recent vintage will do. The only windows ‘puter I own is the Forscan laptop. I have the bluetooth adapter as well, and it works fine on the truck and my Lincoln

OP
OP
S

Speedemon

Reaction score
Bought (refurb) laptop from Newegg and a obdlink adapter. Waiting for them to arrive. So far I disconnected the battery overnight, Master reset twice and adjusted tire pressure as Discount tire had the BFG load range C inflated to 48 psi. I know tires had ZERO to do with it . The Truck sat for 2 days. Went out this morning to go to store. Check gauges and all buttons worked and were normal. I guess we will blame the Ghost in the machine. I still will use forscan when everything comes in. Thanks all for the info.