Icon rear 3.0s ripped off frame at RTF, have questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's funny to me how Ford puts out an f150 (raptor) and keeps all the same important chassis points as an f150. They are smart tho....make it look sweet and make sure that bitch has 2 tone leather interior.....lol

the mount isn't load bearing, theres no reason to make it stronger

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so theoretically you can run shock less in the rear without any issues?? pretty sure the shocks support means of rear droop limit…...

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mounts can't be breaking on droop, unless the shocks have no rebound valving at all.
And there's no more or less load at droop on the raptors mounts vs a regular f150's, and no need to beef it up for that reason alone. There is an argument to be made for more compression load on the raptor's mounts, certainly.
Bottom line, it's not a trophy truck, even with 3.0's and new uca (sarcasm). If you overdrive it, it will break.
Not a big deal, fix it and find the next weak spot.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And take pride in your destructive ability!

Not everyone can tear their shocks off or perform a 90 ft jump, you belong to a special class. The limit seekers.

I salute you,

D

Deleted member 12951

And take pride in your destructive ability!

I salute you,

Even though I didn't tear off my shock mounts, I did far worse and there is no pride in being destructive on these expensive trucks. I only wish I could turn back the clock....

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
The shocks are the droop limiter in the rear. I'm surprised no one has made a limit strap kit. We have kits for everything else...