Icon rear 3.0s ripped off frame at RTF, have questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
not complaining about breaking it at all. i was putting the truck through its paces pretty well. im just trying to find that solution, and build it better than it was.

Corey has a nice solution. It's beefy!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny how people think that the stock rear shock mount is a poor design. I have never seen a stock shock tear off. Now if you want to say that the stock system is a weak design when running aftermarket shocks ok I can agree with that. :)
Let's just say there isn't any margin left in the design. Lol...
Corey has a nice solution. It's beefy!
I'd like to see pics of the replacement mount if you got them.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did the same on one of my older f150's (06) same exact upper shock mount as the current 09-14 f150 /raptor. go get urself a welder OP. IF U CANT WELD…..PRACTICE. be cheaper to buy a welder beef up ur mounts (also have if for future mistakes/accidents. ur wasting ur money and brains buying this bolt on ******** venders **** you on. plus its fun…look i just fixed my own truck…doh... just my .02

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let's just say there isn't any margin left in the design. Lol...

I'd like to see pics of the replacement mount if you got them.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

I ran the upper and lower shock braces when I was running 3.0's (now 3.5's), had them welded on, they worked great, aired the truck out all the time, no issues. a really inexpensive solution.

OP
OP
L

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I did before having an issue with my Raptor. I think it adds a bit of support plus fully welding the factory mount.

shock%252520mount%252520R.jpg

shock%252520mount%252520L.jpg

those looks alot like the LGE CTS mounts. ill post pics of Corey at RPG's brackets when they come in and i get them on. i have to pull my bed off and do a little fixing on the bed supports too.

OP
OP
L

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's funny to me how Ford puts out an f150 (raptor) and keeps all the same important chassis points as an f150. They are smart tho....make it look sweet and make sure that bitch has 2 tone leather interior.....lol

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took a little while to find, but here it is for reference in case anyone reads this later.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/rear-icons-mounts-25913/index5.html

i did search for a while before i made this post, and never found that thread. if i had, i would have never made this thread! there is some great info in there.
The problem with that analyses is that it assumes that the mount fails under compression.
The chock does not dead end under compression (the axel would hit the frame), it dead ends on extension.
Lock at the posted picture, it shows that the bracket has been ripped off by pulling down.