Icon lower control arm skid plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Icon lower control arm skid plates?

Anyone have or have used them? What's your opinion of them and the durability?

D

Deleted member 12951

Wasn't much talk about the skids on that thread, just read through it. I am getting ICON 3.0's myself and was interested in the skids too. I think they would be a great addition. My only concern would be if you got into mud, then I would imagine quite a bit is going to settle on your LCA and get it off before it dies hard. Or remove the skid to clean it up better. Small price to pay for what it might protect.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the point of them.
The lca is not prone to failure from hits, nor does the lca get dragged on rocks much.
The lca mounting point reinforcement plates that weld on are a much more useful addition in providing durability.

C.Fisher

Reaction score
Guy just wondering if anybody has used these? Looks like they would help out,just curious.

C.Fisher

Reaction score
Are they pretty stout? Just wondering if theyre worth the 400$ or just swap out control arms with camburgs

D

Deleted member 12951

I've always wondered in muddy situations if too much mud collects on top of it and ends up being a PITA to clean later?