How to disable all lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nilzy

Reaction score
Following this because I can confirm Police Dark Mode disables everything. The dealer enabled this when trying to disable the damn double honk. I had to get forscan to disable the double honk myself, but then found out about "dark mode" when none of the lights were coming on. No lights flash or come on when using the key fob, none when opening a door. Hopefully someone can find the forscan code so that wwood can turn them off and I can turn mine back on!

*edit: found the forscan code under BCM BdyCM
726-32-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx Police Dark Car: 0=null, 1=dark

OP
OP
W

wwood

Reaction score
Turn on dark car, everything will be off.

I don't know what "Turn on dark car" means, I have read every word in the owner's manual about lighting and cannot find Dark Car or any other way to turn all the lights off.

If you are referring to Forscan, that is not easy find either, read their webpage and saw nothing about turning all lights off plus I don't want to have to buy Forscan and then have to enter codes to turn the lights off then have to reprogram it to turn them back on. Plus Nilzy who apparently had to buy Forscan for a different issue had a hard time finding the codes.

Also don't understand what Nilzy means by dealer enabled Police Dark Mode. Is that a Ford setting or a Forscan setting and how did the dealer enable Police Dark Mode?

Thanks

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what "Turn on dark car" means, I have read every word in the owner's manual about lighting and cannot find Dark Car or any other way to turn all the lights off.

If you are referring to Forscan, that is not easy find either, read their webpage and saw nothing about turning all lights off plus I don't want to have to buy Forscan and then have to enter codes to turn the lights off then have to reprogram it to turn them back on. Plus Nilzy who apparently had to buy Forscan for a different issue had a hard time finding the codes.

Also don't understand what Nilzy means by dealer enabled Police Dark Mode. Is that a Ford setting or a Forscan setting and how did the dealer enable Police Dark Mode?

Thanks

Yes, with Forscan, you can enable dark car, that is the term used in both Forscan and with Ford IDS programming, it is not called "police dark mode". That is the only way to disable all the interior and exterior lights. As far as navigating the pages, I guess it can be challenging, but, some of were navigating the byte map before there were any pages to look at, where would one suppose that information came from? Not FOMOCO, I will guarantee that. Best of luck...

You know, if you read your BCM, save the stock file, then modify

726-32-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx Police Dark Car: 0=null, 1=dark

and save a dark car file, you will only have to do your search once, it's as easy as selecting the file and loading it.

Last edited:

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
disconnecting the battery doesnt mess with too many things these days, most of it will stay in memory - including transmission learned behavior. My wifes care with the 10spd had issues and they had to hook up a computer to reset the trans memory.

I wasnt aware they had started charging for forscan, previously all you needed to buy was the OBD2 connector. If you save one profile as your dark profile (no lights) and you should always have your stock configuration loaded it would be as simple as just loading either profile. You dont have to manually change settings each time.

I dont have a raptor to look at the manual to see what fuses do what. If theres one fuse that drives most of the lights it wont hurt anything to pull them. What you want to do isnt a situation the vast majority of the population wants so it makes sense its not a button somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter