How many antennae

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
If you have a Lowrance unit and a radio do you use two different antennae? Where did you mount both?

fateinc2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My radio antennas mounted on the roof by third brake light , and I'm gonna mount my gps antenna on the cowl by windshield wipers like (all the way) mounted his. I sprayed it with plastidip speaking of plastidip of that stuff is awsome . There should be a thread just for it .
John

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

fateinc2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna mount the gps antenna today still need to get hardware for it. I was gonna mount the antenna by the dome light but with my sunroof there and not wanting to remove the headliner it ended where it ispictured .

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386342304760.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386342304760.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 98

ruffstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a Lowrance unit and a radio do you use two different antennae? Where did you mount both?
Typically the Lowrance will have an internal GPS antenna. If you purchase the seperate Point-1 external GPS/Compass antenna, Lowrance recommends you mount it 6 ft away from any transmitting antenna.

Point-1 FAQ

I am finding the Point-1 is great for recieving GPS signals. Where I may get 4-6 satellites from the internal antenna, the Point-1 will find many more. The magnetic compass is another story. I can't get it to point consistantly in the correct heading.

I have my VHF antenna mounted on the driver's side rear door and my Point-1 on the passenger's side rear door.

Last edited:

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My radio antennas mounted on the roof by third brake light , and I'm gonna mount my gps antenna on the cowl by windshield wipers like (all the way) mounted his. I sprayed it with plastidip speaking of plastidip of that stuff is awsome . There should be a thread just for it .
John

Let me know how the signal is.

fateinc2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my antenna mounted up works great . I drove around for a while plotting the neighborhood even went through some tunnels just to see how fast it would re-aquire and it found signal quickly. I had sirius on and vhf radio aswell to see if it interfered didn't notice any issues with signal.
John

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386554822082.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386554822082.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 89