GEN 2 How long do OE tires last?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I thought that's what the date on the side wall was, after that date has passed you're supposed to replace them or risk killing yourself!

Definitely true for commercial truck tires. All have a 4 digit code representative of the week and year of manufacturing. Tires can't be more than 10 years old from that date. Mileage is irrelevant

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sitting on 48,500 and they could go another 5-10 but winters coming so I'll change soon. I live in snow country and they will be marginal when I'm busting snow drifts coyote hunting this winter.

D

Deleted member 12951

@AJ-Raptor, are you asking for the GEN2 using the KO2 C-rated tires?
Not sure how many here have worn out those from normal street driving considering its been less than a year that they have been out.

I have a GEN1 and the KO's lasted me till around 25k or less but then again, I tore them up from off-roading. I also lost a few along the way from holes and sidewall punctures. I am currently still running KO's OEM but they are not the originals. I've been through probably 3 sets so far and I am at 53k. I plan on taking these off after RTF and putting on a new set of K02's E-rated.

Anvil100

Reaction score
29,800. Although I live in Phoenix and drive about 45 miles a day to and from work. Heat kills them. Just ordered the KO2 load range E from Costco today.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 15k miles on mine unless they wear rate starts accelerating my guess is 40-45k is about what I could get out of them. I rotate every oil change & run 41 psi front & 39 rear. I just got a set of factory base/non-beadlock 17”s & Nokian snow tires that’ll be swapped in a month so from a time standpoint I’ll probably get 3-4 years outta the factory BFGs