Houston Flood Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You guys have missed a significant detail.

Driver did not even spill his starbucks.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If only he had 37's, he'd have enough water clearance!

Well, since the water was only 18" then driving on 37's would've enabled him to drive through water TWICE as deep :ROFLJest:

Note: The 18" deep thing refers to this thread on the same Raptor... http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/safe-fording-depth-56863/

From the Owner's Manual per Ford:

Water

If you must drive through high water, drive slowly. Traction or brake capability may be limited.

When driving through water, determine the depth and avoid water higher than the bottom of the hubs. If the ignition system gets wet, your vehicle may stall.

Once through water, always try the brakes. Wet brakes do not stop your vehicle as effectively as dry brakes. Drying improves by applying light pressure to the brake pedal while moving slowly.

Note: Driving through deep water may damage the transmission. If the front or rear axle is submerged in water, the axle lubricant and power transfer unit lubricant should be checked and changed if necessary.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...picHRef=G1679348&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=True

Anyone know if there are breather hoses on the axles and transmission? If so then there could be a way to extend them up higher to allow the Raptor to ride through deeper water without ingesting the liquid (this is a frequent mod on Jeeps).

Last edited:

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From the supplement..

Water Wading
Your vehicle is designed to operate in water
depths up to 32 inches (810 millimeters).
However, as the water depth increases,
vehicle speed must be reduced to avoid
potential vehicle damage.

Always determine the depth before
attempting a water crossing.

Proceed slowly and avoid splashing
water any more than is necessary.

Be aware that obstacles and debris
may be beneath the water

s surface.

Keep the doors fully closed during the
water crossing.

Upon completion of the water crossing,
slowly drive a short distance and check
the brakes for full effectiveness.

And the chart after says max 4mph at 32"

Dane James

Reaction score
I Live in the Port Arthur Texas and work in the Beaumont area, I had mine pretty deep to get back home from Beaumont after they closed Hwy 69 which runs between the two. I pulled weeds out of the grill. There were 2 trucks in front of me and they backed out at the intersection Hwy 62 and I10. I think I will inspect get the fluids changed and maybe prep the truck a bit more so I will know exactly what she is capable next time. I have a 2018