Hold my beer…..ouch!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That jump did not look that bad...not to damage the vehicle and especially not to break a back. Weird.

Maybe he just didn't know how to land it (rotate the pitch)...?
Maybe the landing area was as another posted inclined...

Still does not look that bad to result in just disaster... Wow...

MotoMedic

Reaction score
I’m Caz, the guy who broke his back on that jump (sezac80 on Instagram). Just a hard landing / freak accident.
For a stock Gen 3, 50 MPH turned out to be the sweet spot for that jump but I decided to try 60… was a bad decision. Like others said, I missed the slope and landed too far on the flat part of the track. Suspension fully compressed and remaining force transferred to me. T12 snapped.
On the plus side, I got 6’ of air but sadly the grainy iPhone vid from a distance is the only pic/vid of the jump.
Truck is all good. No noises, warning lights, drives straight on the highway, etc. Have a guy that’s going to double check the frame but I’m 99% sure he won’t find anything wrong.
Just sucks I can’t drive for another couple weeks and can’t off-road for several months. And unfortunately, I’ll likely have to give up jumping anything over 1-2 ft.

Last edited:

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m Caz, the guy who broke his back on that jump. Just a hard landing / freak accident. Truck is all good so far. No noises, warning lights, tracks straight on the highway. Have a guy that’s going to double check the frame but I’m 99% sure he won’t find anything wrong.
Glad the truck is good. Hope you are too!

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I’m Caz, the guy who broke his back on that jump (sezac80 on Instagram). Just a hard landing / freak accident.
For a stock Gen 3, 50 MPH turned out to be the sweet spot for that jump but I decided to try 60… was a bad decision. Like others said, I missed the slope and landed too far on the flat part of the track. Suspension fully compressed and remaining force transferred to me. T12 snapped.
On the plus side, I got 6’ of air but sadly the grainy iPhone vid from a distance is the only pic/vid of the jump.
Truck is all good. No noises, warning lights, drives straight on the highway, etc. Have a guy that’s going to double check the frame but I’m 99% sure he won’t find anything wrong.
Just sucks I can’t drive for another couple weeks and can’t off-road for several months. And unfortunately, I’ll likely have to give up jumping anything over 1-2 ft.

Glad that you are ok for the most part. Post up in the new member section with some more pictures and mod list for your truck. Welcome to FRF.