Hello from N florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flwrappeder

Reaction score
Nice place you got here. Just recieved my gen 3 last Friday. Die hard ford owner, main ride is my F250 power stroke, all my company trucks and vans are fords. I’ve always been curious about the raptor and decided at the worst possible time in the history of automotive sales to buy one. Paid a deposit on an allocation dealer order last October and recieved finally last Friday. Stumbled onto this forum in search of Information about upgrades. I’m trying to learn about this 3.5, the raptor itself, and what is truly special about having one. It is fun to drive for sure. Looking forward to seeing how it pulls my boat. My 250 is fully deleted and tuned (for off-road purposes lots of fun) and I’m curious about what the 3.5 is safely capable of in terms of power. There’s just something unique about a pickup truck with the tuning capabilities of an import. I love the sound of Ken blocks, I myself being a 42yr old juvenile like it loud and proud. Not a fan of the B&O sound system. More eq parameters would have been nice with the sync 4, I’ll be digging into that garbage later. Unless someone knows more about that. My wife drives a 2021 navigator black label and the stereo system in that is twice as loud, and crisp. Not fair. Already recieved an svc intercooler. Not a lot of information about what fits on the gen 3s under the hood. But looking forward to reading about what other guys may be trying. Here she is below. Wasn’t my first color choice but it’s growing in me.

A12139B4-1AAE-47B1-8BBE-6522E4983DBD.jpeg

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. I’m down south and we still got the cold air lol. Kind of enjoying it. So you bought the truck and you don’t know a dang thing about it, other than it wears a Ford badge, it looks good and you obviously heard some good about it lol

People love or hate Leadfoot, but I’m a fan of the grays. Well there is and will be a ton of mods you can do to that truck to make it even better. The Gen 3 already comes with an improved suspension, so your probably more than good with that. How big is that boat? Many manage ok but this isn’t a Superduty with that type of suspension and it’s soft. Tunes will be coming if you want to make more power and just improve the performance all around. These trucks tune exceptionally well. The new exhaust isn’t that loud? Tried Baja mode?

The sound systems in these trucks have never been anything close to stellar. I do see an upgrade in your future. At least my crystal ball does.

Good looking rig, enjoy it.

OP
OP
flwrappeder

flwrappeder

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. I’m down south and we still got the cold air lol. Kind of enjoying it. So you bought the truck and you don’t know a dang thing about it, other than it wears a Ford badge, it looks good and you obviously heard some good about it lol

People love or hate Leadfoot, but I’m a fan of the grays. Well there is and will be a ton of mods you can do to that truck to make it even better. The Gen 3 already comes with an improved suspension, so your probably more than good with that. How big is that boat? Many manage ok but this isn’t a Superduty with that type of suspension and it’s soft. Tunes will be coming if you want to make more power and just improve the performance all around. These trucks tune exceptionally well. The new exhaust isn’t that loud? Tried Baja mode?

The sound systems in these trucks have never been anything close to stellar. I do see an upgrade in your future. At least my crystal ball does.

Good looking rig, enjoy it.
Lol. I mean I know a little bit about it. May not be as passionate as some on the YouTube, but I’m learning. I hands down do not have any notion of it’s true built capabilities and it’s so clean I don’t want to get it dirty…….. yet. Went with the intercooler first and it should help with these florida summer temps. Boat is 24ft and I think it weighs around 5k. I did load up some flooring last sat in it and it squated a little bit. Would the shock selections helped with that? I haven’t messed with them or the steering options yet. But I keep the exhaust in Baja mode. I wish it would just stay on instead of having to turn it on after each start.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol. I mean I know a little bit about it. May not be as passionate as some on the YouTube, but I’m learning. I hands down do not have any notion of it’s true built capabilities and it’s so clean I don’t want to get it dirty…….. yet. Went with the intercooler first and it should help with these florida summer temps. Boat is 24ft and I think it weighs around 5k. I did load up some flooring last sat in it and it squated a little bit. Would the shock selections helped with that? I haven’t messed with them or the steering options yet. But I keep the exhaust in Baja mode. I wish it would just stay on instead of having to turn it on after each start.
Ok that’s cool. You can learn a lot about the truck here. The only word that we don’t speak here is Prius! You can even reference the TRX, but Prius is a no no and goes against all things Raptor @smurfslayer

I think towing that 24 footer @ 5k lbs should be no problem. If you had a 42’ quad motor, I was gong to say it might start pushing things lol. You may and depending on tongue weight etc, get a little squat. But you could always add a weight distribution type hitch to help. Gen 3’s are still new territory for most so many are learning.

Most of the performance features do reset back to default after shutting the truck down. Something Ford has done forever on these trucks. Liability reasons??? Anyones guess.

You will see more and more mods coming along. So you can enhance the beast however you like.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BTW the IC is a must down here to preserve performance of the motor, with all the hot weather we get down here. Even on the stock motor and tune it will help you get all that 450HP and TQ out of it. If you tune later, you can also go up to stage 2 level.

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and you shouldn't have any problems towing your boat. Had a 21' Robalo on a dual axle trailer I pulled with my '19 without any problems at all. Loaded weight was about 5,500 lbs. Enjoy your new ride and definitely look at an ECM & TCM Tune when your comfortable doing that sort of thing. There are tons of options out there and tons of opinions on who's tune is the best. However, it definitely wakes up the performance and getting rid of the gear skipping in the transmission is a game changer on daily driving fun!

EccentricRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! :D Sharp Raptor!! I hope you enjoy it!

There's certainly some quirks with them and things that could be better, but I love mine more than I thought I would. Some people modify them to get them how they want it. Me, I have this odd tendency with vehicles/technology to confirm that the quirks are indeed quirks (and not something failing) and embrace it as character.