Has anyone adjusted these while on the truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SVC off-road Told me I had to remove the shock to adjust that collar down. I don't see why. I jack the truck up and maybe put some spring compression tools on the rotate that top collar down. These are adjusted up way to high. Has anyone done it that way?1000015929.jpg

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive certainly done it on non raptor adjustable coilovers before. I want to say others on here have put a spring compressor on when the truck is on the ground, then jack the front end up till the tension is off.

OP
OP
SCAR911

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya. No idea why they say to remove the shock. If that's how you find tune your ride height, that is ultra garbage.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of those shock body threads are more delicate than others, but you should be able to do it with the shock on the truck. Just take the tension off to eliminate the concern.

I have no experience with Raptor shocks, but Ive done it plenty of times with aftermarket coilovers on my old xterra.