GROUP BUY: Morimoto XB LED Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianh87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed any of this, but it looks like you have to run wiring to the fuse box for the DRL on the regular F150. Is this necessary on the Raptor? Do the Morimoto's still work with the headlights in the "auto" setting? How about auto high beams?

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed any of this, but it looks like you have to run wiring to the fuse box for the DRL on the regular F150. Is this necessary on the Raptor? Do the Morimoto's still work with the headlights in the "auto" setting? How about auto high beams?

No. For the Raptor the lights are plug and play. Everything works like OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So how much better than stock are these things the stock light suck asssssss

Better in terms of light output? It's been said a couple times in attached videos (page 2) that these twice as much as the stock, almost twice as much for brights. The other things I noticed is that it has a more blacked out looks, but it's really hard to tell how much without seeing the light in person.

I also think that the sequential LED turn signal is pretty cool, but it might be smaller overall, so perhaps not as safe? I've read up some that legally, you can have sequential turn signal, but the initial size of it must cover a certain area. That may have been just for tail lights though, not sure. Besides, the sequential turn signal can be turned on and off, so should be able to pass inspection.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You really have to see these in person to appreciate them. They are just so good looking, especially on a darker truck.

We have a local customer who keeps putting new things in his truck from us every week. One of the first things he picked up was the Morimoto XB LED Headlights from us (fun fact, the set he bought was the set WE were going to install in our demo truck, but he decided to grab them since they were the last ones we had in stock at the time).

They just look awesome. Every time he pulls up I love the look.

I ran the XB's on our old 2015 F150 demo truck and they were a big improvement over stock. The highs are a LOT better then our factory LED highs and the lows naturally are a helluva lot better. Plus the amber DRL feature is really cool looking (and it's unique for the Raptors, the regular F150 XB Headlights don't have an amber DRL just a white DRL).

We have another shipment of XB's coming in. We sold out on the Group buy and then we sold out in 3 days on our shipment that came in last Friday. So we have another shipment coming in for all the F150 models.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes we'll have another group buy. When? Not sure when to be honest. We don't do them that often. Maybe 2x a year.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@4x4TruckLEDs.com Any chance of a group buy for the upcoming launch of headlights for the 09-14 trucks? TRS has their preorder page up, but I’m in no hurry and would wait for discounts if they come. My truck came with halogens originally, but I converted to the OEM FX4 HIDs using the Morimoto conversion harness.

My main reason for wanting them is for the DRL and sequential turn signals being fully integrated rather than spliced in via retrofit as I like the reliability and weatherproof aspect of the OEM HID setup I’m running. The only thing that has failed has been the relay box, but the original lasted several years.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/09-14-ford-f150-xb-led-heads.html